Rescue

Matt's weak sobbing was interrupted by the wailing of sirens and the flashing of blaring red lights. He raised his head feebly to observe the chaos. There seemed to be a disturbance at the entrance gates. Cells were being forced open, people were shouting at prisoners to escape before they got turned into drones, and gun shots sounded as guards fell down - paralyzed. His head drooped again. Not that he really cared, he'd just lost the only remaining family member he had, and had nothing left to live for. Matt would rather let his brain be turned to mush and forever be controlled, than to carry on living at that moment in time.

CLANK.

His cell opened, making him jump. But Matt didn't raise his head, he just sat there.

"H-Hey, come on! You need to come with me!" a voice whispered.

Matt sniffed and wiped the tears from streaming down his cheek.

"Why should I? I've lost everything I have ever lived for."

The other boy sighed sadly and kneeled down in front of him.

"Hey. Look at me."

He felt a hand lift his head, and took a minute to scan the other boy. He had a soft expression, and it was obvious that he was only here to help. He brushed his sandy blonde hair out of his face, and it happened. Aqua blue met storm grey. The boy revealed his beautiful eyes, and they were truly eyes to get lost in.

"You've suffered a lot of pain already. I can see it in your eyes. Please, come with me, and it can only get better."

The other boy gave him an understanding smile, and Matt returned a weak one.

"I can't walk.. They wounded my leg when they caught me.." Matt looked at the ground, ashamed.

"You should just leave m-"

He suddenly squeaked when the other boy picked him up and carried him bridal style out of the gates, passing bodies of paralyzed guards. He wasn't taking that as an answer.