Chapter 1

I looked out of the shattered glass window of the abandoned building i had been dumped in. It was dark out, the sky was filled with strange lights, however the streets were lit up instead by yellow light illuminating from large lamp-like objects. More lights came from large concrete buildings that towered above me, but not every window was lit up like the others and some held less light. This, was strange. I'm pretty sure this is referred to as night, i remember the old lady who feeds the two-headed hound telling me about this. 'humans sure like their light..." I mutter under my breath as I catch my first glimpse of the living world. I guess i didn't expect it to be so... different from my home in the underworld.

    This is my first time in the living world you see, I'm a pure-blood demon. I'm supposed to blend in with the humans, learn how they think an find their weaknesses to manipulate. I think they probably just wanted to get rid of me. 

  Very little can kill a demon, not even age. because of this demons live very long so most demons have lived through everything that has ever happened down there, there's no need for anyone to pass stories along. For a young demon this is extremely frustrating because i can never find new things out. There is also no 'school' in the underworld, but that doesn't stop me learning, I found maths books and stories and human history books and a book about a wonderful sounding place called 'Narnia' which is pretty much the exact opposite of where i live which is filled with fire and screaming all hours of the day.

  I walk to the nearest Motel in sight which was only a few buildings away. It held the distinct smell of cat pee and each crevice of the building was covered in a thick layer of dust and dirt. 'brilliant Rina, you've possibly found the dodgiest motel ever' i thought to myself. 

the man behind the counter gave me a dirty look as he inspected me. i wore a plain black tank top, skinny combat trousers and big black trainers. i wore my crimson red hair in a loose ponytail and let a single hair drop against my cheek as i crossed my arms and sent him a death glare. My electric blue eyes pierced into him in a deliberate attempt to make him feel uncomfortable. My knife was pressed against my side underneath the fabric of the trousers filling me with confidence.

  he raised his hands in surrender and casually looked me in the eye, "what do you want sweet-heart? or are just here to glare at me all day." he stated.

"I need a room for the night." i said, resting my palm on the counter.

"For how many people?"

"take a wild guess" i said, lacing every word in sarcasm.

he hesitate for a second before responding, "alright, single room for the freak.." he muttered as he typed furiously on the keyboard in front of him. i resisted the urge to pull out my knife and end him there and then but i needed this room so that i could find the school i'm supposed to attend as apart of the whole 'blending in' thing tomorrow morning.

 He tossed the key to my room at me and lent over the counter "try not to have too much fun." he added before he turned and disappeared into the room behind the counter. i examined the small yale key in my slender hands. It held the number 62 etched into the side of the key. I turned on my heels and walked towards the room that held a matching 62 in bronze numbers proudly against the faded black door. 

  the room itself wasn't too bad. My rusted metal bed stand stood alone in the center of the room with only a oak bedside table to give it company. the sheets were a crisp white and stank of bleach and the grayish carpet held various stains, two of which I identified as blood. a small wooden chair sat next to the bare window and a 90's television sat on a small table in the corner. I sat on the bed uneasily, rewarding me with a loud creak. "at least it's better than my room at home." i mutter under my breath, remembering the cave-like crevice i had grown up in. I kicked off my shoes and lay back on the bed still in my clothes that I had no intention of removing in fear of unwelcome eyes. I let my eyes flutter shut and fell asleep into the dreamless void that occupied any demons sleep. Accepting that i could never have a dream is the hardest thing for me because i have read about dreams, about wonderful worlds of happiness and nightmares. How lucky humans are.

* * *

 I waltz up to the school building surrounded by busy pupils. A large sign hung over the main entrance of the school building that read 'Hope Boarding School. Hoping for the future' in large brass letters that curved at the tips. i scoffed at the words and their naive writer. did he not understand that hope couldn't help anyone. All the tortured souls who hoped that the next day they could be be free still scream out because hope will never just be enough. even if they hope for a thousand years they will never be free. i shook my head and headed towards the dorms. 

  the building held a large contrast to the motel I stayed in the night before. the place smelled of polish and plastic air freshener that vaguely smelled like rose petals and lavender buds. the floor was wooden and the skirting boards were painted a pristine bronze. the doors were a deep red and the bronze numbers on the door did not hang at crooked angles like the motel's. Not even Hades Palace had lily's set on tables between every second door, and he was the king of hell! i looked at the new key in my palm and flipped it over. the number '71' was printed on it's side rather than the dull '62' i had handed in that morning.

  I walked to my new room pondering what could be inside. Just as i was about to push my key into the lock the door swung open, knocking me to the floor. I could hear a high pitch squeal, followed by a loud "sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry!" form the girl who has presumably just swung a hardwood door into my face.

  I shook my head and began to lift it at the girl who stood in front of me "No its fine, it's noth-" I stopped mid-sentence when i caught a glimpse of this 'girl'. My eyes began to widen as I saw a light ring, invisible to the mortal eye hovering above her head. It's an angel.

A/N 

Hey there beautiful! well done if you read all that, you get a gold star! *boop* anyway um... if you did read it id appreciate it you could tell me what you though and stuff in the comment part that's just down there vvvv somewhere. ((also im really sorry about all the mistakes iv proberbly made and if you're picky over punctuation then i hope i didn't make you rip your hair out)) Have a great one! ♥