Chapter 24: Save Me

***
(This flashback is within the past, mentioned in Chapter 20: Kiss. The first time Akihiko and Chiseki met, although Akihiko never learns until Chapter 20 that the girl he is talking to in this flashback is Chiseki.)

"Your suppose to throw it in an upward motion, you giant goof."

"I'm not a very athletic person, okay!! This is my first time touching any sorta sport equipment!" Pouting, I peg the ball at the blonde 3rd year. As I was playing around with a ball behind Building G waiting for Hakiko, I was greeted by a familiar yet unfamiliar face.

"So uh, I saw you out on the field today." Don't sound creepy, don't sound creepy, don't sound creepy... "Your very fierce on the field, I can see why your the Captain." IN WHAT WAY DID THAT NOT SOUND CREEPY CHISEKI!?

Mentally face palming, I turn away with flushed cheeks. Making conversation with new people had never been a strong point of mine.

To my surprise, he humours my awkwardness with a genuine sounding laugh. "Thanks. I've been trying to improve my attitude towards the opposition, Coach commented about how soft I was so I hardened up for today's game." He grins brightly.

"Y... You look really familiar..."

"Do I look like someone ya' know? I have a brother in your year, if that helps." He shrugs. "Here, we'll play a game before the person your waiting for gets here."

"If it's any sort of contact sport, at least provide a wheel chair or crutches in advance." I observe his well-built frame. Yep, one tackle from this guy and I would defs be a goner.

Laughing again, the guy keels over. "You're really funny, you know that?" Sheepishly averting my eyes again, he continues his explanation. "You intercept the ball as I throw it against wall, you get my name. Simple enough?"

I nod. Shouldn't be too hard, get the ball, get the name. Possibly a phone number and contact details? God, get your head outta the gutter you weaboo. Shaking my head furiously to divert my intents away, I focus on getting the ball.

"Are you even trying, short stuff?" He laughs. Re-tucking my bun in place, I stick my tongue out at him. He throws it again and I miss. "Okay, c'mon it's not that hard."

"Shut up!! I'm trying okay!" Getting ready to launch for the ball again, I position myself closer to the blonde therefore I can catch it where it bounces back to him. He pegs it at the wall, although from what I can process way too fast. "H-Hey-!!!" I catch the ball successfully, but in turn the force of the ball's way too much with someone with otaku grip like me.

"Woah, easy there, I got ya'." I fall into the blonde's chest, the intimate contact sends shivers up my spine. Ready to shoot away with a dozen apology's, before I'm able to separate myself, he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"U-Uh..." Swallowing nervously, I look up at him, unsure of what to do.

"S-Sorry, I thought you were gonna trip so I just... Sorry." He let's me go, embarrassed. "I can't let my juniors get hurt and all, ya' know. It'd be... really.. uh..." Looking me in the eyes, I return the stare.

Purple eyes.... wait, purple eyes!? There's only one other person...!

"Akihiko."