Chapter 13: Boy For Hire vs. Boy For Rent

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You read the title right,

he's back.

But it wasn't the reunion Chi was quite expecting for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrive back home, I'm surprised to see the other Boys For Rent still ever present in my living room.

"Mum? What's going on?" Ichirou walks up beside me from taking off his shoes, surprised as I am that they haven't left.

"I'm afraid there's no mistake Chi," My mother shakes her head. "These... Boys For Rent are allocated to you for the next two weeks." She pauses. "I checked up with the bank and they say no large amount of money has been withdrawn, so we haven't paid for them." When my mum's about to say something else, Ichirou steps lightly.

"Well, I don't mind staying another two weeks." He grins at the other Boys For Rent, who look at him dumbfounded. "C'mon guys, let's make our time with Chi worth it!"

"Chi? Since when are you on nickname level with her?" The leader of the group speculate heartily.

"Oooo what were you doing with her during school hours, Ichi?" Katsumi teases him and Ichirou picks him up in a playful tackle. I start to giggle, but I see my mother motioning for me to come to her. She leans into my ear cautiously.

"Chi, I got a call from school this afternoon." Oh shit, did they call me out for wagging? But what I hear next sets my mind of in a flurry. "He visited your school today..." My body freezes up, and I feel myself clutching the navy leather of the couch. My heart's beating pace starts soaring rapidly, and by the time I realised it, I was speeding out of the house and onto the pavement.

"Chi!!" I hear Ichi but I ignore him. I have a massive stitch, and my chest is swelling up a storm but I don't stop, even for traffic lights.

Why am I going? Why am I doing this? Why do I believe there's even a slight chance that they'll be there?

That he'll be there.

Reaching the drive way of my school, there's only a slow trickle of students exiting from the gate, probably going home from extra-curricular activities. In a panicked rush, I look all around me, trying to pin-point a certain blonde that my heart is dying to see.

Well, my heart is disappointed. I look down onto the concrete. Once again, I don't acknowledge the little speckles of water trickling down my cheeks. My exhaustion catches up with me, little spots of black taint my vision. He's probably long gone by now. At least...

"Excuse me?" All the bones is my body jolt up at the sound the of familiar voice. "But we're your  Boys For Hire, please treat us carefully!" I whip around, gobsmacked at the major deja-vu I'm having. "So," The boy in the middle of four boys gives me a smirk. "Which one of us would you like to date? Or are you daring enough to take us all on at the same time?"

I know in some cliché TV show, I should be running up to them in some dreamy state, but well not me. I decide to do it breaking down in what seems like an emotional crisis.

"H-H-Hey!! We didn't want to make you cry!!"

When I look up, what seems like a little cloud of white spirals towards me. "CHHIIII!!!" A small loli boy with the cutest crying face I've ever seen grips onto my waist for dear life. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU I MISSED YOU SO SO SO MUCH AND YOUR COOKING AND YOUR BED UWAHHHHHHH!!!" Seems like I'm not the only one having a mental breakdown.

"C'mon now Otaku Queen, you can't have missed me that much." A certain foreigner grabs my cheeks and squishes them so I'm making a fish face through my tears. "I can't say the same thing though," He teases sheepishly. "I missed you too."