Chapter 12: Bad Boy's A Good Boy

I stare wide eyed at the four people standing in front of me. A weird sense of deja-vu consumes me and my head starts to spin, causing my hand to fly and clutch the doorframe.

"Hey there, miss!" Says who I assume to be the leader of the group. He steps forward and outstretches his hand. "It's nice to meet you!! We're your Boys For Rent, please take care of-"

"No." I slap his hand away and shut the door in their gleaming faces. "MUM GET DOWN HERE!!"

***

"I'm sorry for my daughter's behaviour..." My mother sneezes wearily. "She's never been good with first impressions." She looks at me astonished, as if she's living the past once again.

"That's okay Mrs Chiseki!" When the smallest boy of the group addresses my mother, I have to hold on to something. His voice was childish. Almost as childish as.... "This might be a suuuuper weird experience for first timers with our service."

"Oh, well I'm afraid you incorrect there Mr..." My mother trails off.

"I'm Katsumi!" I look him up and down, trying to block the weirdness of deja-vu back into the weird part of my head. His hair is a light blonde, it trails a bit past his ears so when he jumps around it waves in the air. His left eye is covered by a fringe, but the colour of his right eye is a deep blue.

"Well, Katsumi," My mother gulps. "You aren't the first Boys For Hire that have graced this house." She laughs nervously, and I see Katsumi's expression darken slightly.

"Boys For Hire... Their all disgusting." I perk up a bit, eyeing the small boy who's personality had just performed a 180 degree flip into the darkness of outer space.

"Now now, Katsumi." One of the remaining two boys pats him on the shoulder. His brown hair is ragged, but his green eyes are elegant in contrast to his 'bad boy' themed clothing. His arms are covered in bruises and he has multiple band aids on his cheeks and forehead. Don't even get me started on the piercings. He look back at my bother, with equally dark eyes to Katsumi, but still smiling. "We're not Boys For Hire, we're Boys For Rent." He explains. "We are from the same Corporation, but we come from separate branches of the company. Both have their own different way of business."

"So your rivals, that's it right?" I butt in to my mother and the ragged boy's conversation.

"It's a little more complex than that, but it seems you've got the gist of it." The long haired one tells me. I look him up and down too. His black hair is messy but attractive at the same time, and his aqua eyes make his features stand out all the more. Probably dyed.... I think to myself.

"Hmph, what's so bad about the Boys For Hire anyway? At least they come when their expected. Unlike some people who just show up on the doorstep." I spit out.

"Chi!" My mother speaks forcefully, surprised at my rude behaviour. "Mind your manners, we don't know the full story yet."

The Boys For 'Rent' look at me as if I'd said the most disgusting thing. Whatever, I don't want them to like me anyway.

"Anyway, Miss." The leader of the group steps forward again, diverting his attention from me back to my mother. Under my fringe, I look at him with mild irritation. His hair's a dark blonde, and his eyes are a bright violet with a pinkish tint. No doubt the 'princely' type. The moment the word 'Prince' crosses my mind I clench my teeth. I shake my head at myself, completely fed up. I'm not going to be one of THOSE girls, I'm not letting this happen again. I stand up abruptly, giving my mother a small fright.

"I'm going to school. I'll be late."

"Chi-" My mother tries to stop me but I shake myself out of her grip.