Chapter Eleven

Elsa's point of view

I walked down the long aisle towards a man I didn't love. I could feel my heart breaking with every step I take. The air around me grew thinner, and thinner till I could barely breath. Apart of me wanted to turn around, and run. Away from my responsibilities. Away from my family. Away from my duties. Away from Jack. Yet, I didn't. I reminded myself why I had to do this. My happiness doesn't matter when it comes to my family. I couldn't let them get hurt. I was starting to act selfishly. I did what I had to hoping Pitch wouldn't hurt them. Darkness was unescapable. Nothing can make it go away.

I wanted to scream out for someone to help me. I wanted to shout, "Please. Please just help me escape the darkness." But I couldn't. Not with everything riding on the line. I looked at Pitch. Really looked at him. He was darkness. No matter how hard we tried to run from it, it always finds us. Nothing can escape it grip. Maybe light can.

I heard the doors behind me open. I was halfway down the aisle when I turned back. I was taking my time partly because of the chains made of darkness around my legs. Mostly it was because I hoped, deep down, that he'd stop me. "Jack," I said turning back to face him. He ran down the aisle, and stood infront of me. I could hear Pitch whisper, "Careful my queen. Our agreement goes so far."

Jack was so close to me I could hear him breath. He looked at me, and said. "Please. Don't give up on me. Don't give up on us." Then he leaned in, and whispered in my ear. "Be selfish." I looked at him shocked. "Be selfish" was our way of saying I'll never stop loving you, and I know you won't ever stop loving me either. So, don't hold back, and be with me. You're safe.

I looked into his big, blue eyes. I could feel something come over me. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Love. I couldn't stop myself. I kissed him.