Chapter Eighteen: The Traitor We All Feared

Peak Cavern, Arturion base

Orders were being barked left right and centre, trying to organise the troops was stressful enough and they hadn’t even gone into battle yet. Taylor had already gotten his half of the army ready, and was giving out his orders from atop a table so everyone could see him clearly.

“We’ve received word that the town of Swindon is under attack by a Cyturion force, we don’t know how many there are but they will outnumber us considerably. I don’t have to tell you that we’ve had to suffer under bad odds before, but today we are going to show them that we are not done yet!” roared Taylor, sky blue flames sprang to life across his arms followed by a raised sword to the air.

The others mimicked the action with their own weapons; adrenaline was thick in the air. Fear and anger mixed in like a sickly sweet aroma and they all knew there was a good chance that they were marching to their ends. But they were all in high spirits many of the men and women before him had suffered for a long time, and to know that they were going to at least do some good was enough to ease their minds at least a little anyway. Taylor hopped down from the table to be greeted by Jamie, Darrell and Urson.

“I hope you’re ready for this my king, I know you’ve fought before but this is on a much higher scale than you can comprehend” said Urson, his concern genuine and not meant in mockery as he clutched a silver cross dangling from a chain around his neck.

“I’ll be fine, you have your god and I have my resolve. But thank you Urson, if you could relay the plan to the rest of the army as quickly as possible, we have a town to save after all” said Taylor.

“Of course, I’ll get right to it” he replied slipping away into the crowd.

“So Darrell, you’re sure that you can actually do this? What I’m asking of you is a lot in all fairness” asked Taylor looking nervously toward Darrell.

“For the last time yes I can do it, what I don’t know is how long I can keep it up and I certainly won’t be doing any fighting so someone is going to have to guard me” said Darrell.

“Kimiko can do that, I know you won’t want her too close to the fighting. Because she won’t stay here if that’s what you were going to tell her” laughed Jamie.

“Good idea, have a couple of others go as well. Ha, yeah that’s true but yea I don’t want her getting hurt. Not that I think she can’t look after herself but if Marcelo were to get his hands on her I have no idea what I’d do” said Taylor quietly trying to keep the thought clear of his mind.

“Well he won’t, let’s just hope that none of our people run into him he’s too dangerous to take on in a head on fight. Looks like the plan has been passed around, we’d better hurry before there isn’t a town left to save” said Jamie seeing Urson coming back to join them.

“Can’t argue with you on that one, Arturion’s move out!” he shouted at the top of his lungs, and along with two-hundred and thirteen other Arturion’s they left for battle.

Swindon, England.