Chapter Eleven: A Puppet Master And A Holy Man

Chapter Eleven:  A Puppet Master And A Holy Man

Tokyo, Japan

They all looked down in utter bemusement as they watched the skin peel bit by bit and fall away from the body of Kirill Avilov, it was a slow and gradual process taking a couple of minutes until it showed someone completely different underneath. The man’s skin was far more tanned of that than Kirill's, but his height and build were the only things that they appeared to hold in similarities. His head from what they could make out in its dismembered state was much the same in it's size and shape as well; the hair had shed and fallen to the ground as well leaving a scruff of mousy brown hair. Taylor stumbled and almost fell to his knees before he was caught at the elbow by Darrell who had walked to his side at the moment of the change. 

"I just killed an innocent man" said Taylor. Feeling as if his body would crumble and break at any moment from the amount of shaking his body was doing. 

"He could have been another Cyturion for all we know, Taylor" Darrell spoke doing his best to ease his concern. 

"Cyturion or otherwise, no one should suffer being at the control of another. This would explain his apparent resurrection after Ryne killed him back in Russia. We didn't stay long enough to see that happen and of course we set fire to the barn, destroying any evidence" said Argus. 

"The problem we have is now that the Cyturion's have likely killed the remaining Deserters or are on their way. Either way we need to try to get to them first" interjected Yalaria. 

"Good point. Darrel I want you to take the Cyturion woman back to base then follow me to the next location. Argus and Yalaria you go after another, if the Cyturion's have killed the target then retreat and head for the final Deserter on the list and we'll do the same" he pulled the list and remaining photographs from his rucksack, and proceeded to hand them around to everyone. 

Once they had all studied the names and locations in the photographs, Taylor retrieved them all and tossed them atop the nameless corpse at his feet then set it alight with a wave of his hand. Blue flames rushed ferociously across flesh burning away everything it touched, until nothing remained except a pile of ash in the street. The sound of sirens filled the air which began to edge gradually closer by each second that passed. It was no surprise that a neighbour had called the police, and it had only been a matter of time. Darrell dashed over to the unconscious Cyturion who had been propped up against the wall of the house; whilst he retrieved their prisoner the others quickly and efficiently burned the rest of the bodies. Once ash littered the ground they all departed for their own destinations without so much as a word to another, and just in time as a several police cruisers rushed the scene missing the immortals by moments. 

Kirill's Hideaway, Unknown Location

"I don't want to hear what you have to say Kirill! I want an explanation for what you have been doing!" screamed Noran; his patience had run thin within several minutes of Kirill attempting to warn him of the false king. 

"If you do not want our dream to die, then you will listen to me. I just watched that boy kill eight of our men as if they were mere obstructions, then when I engaged him he dispatched me almost as easily. We need to find Marcelo now, his speed is unmatchable along with his ability to manipulate his flame so flawlessly" pleaded Kirill who stood on his feet as he tried to reason with his leader. 

"I don't see how he's become so adept he hasn't had anyone to give instruction, and not to mention that he's only just recently re-joined with the Arturion's it just doesn't seem possible. Be that as it may I still require an explanation Kirill then we will tackle the other issue" said Noran.