Chapter Four: Marcelo Cunha

The air around them was silent and thick with shock as Taylor gradually came to terms with the new development, Tobias was dead. It didn't seem possible, he didn't know him well but he didn't seem like the sort of man to be killed so easily, he'd had a certain presence about him. Mylar was just as silent as Taylor; he failed to keep eye contact and had resigned to keeping his gaze focused on the floor, even as he continued to speak. 

"I watched him die, but I couldn't get to him I was being cut off by five Cyturion’s who kept me busy while it happened. It wasn't a normal attack Taylor, it was a assassination" whispered Mylar. 

"After that the Cyturion's retreated and left us to lick our wounds and bury our dead. We burned his body then scattered his ashes in the wind, he always said that's what he wanted should he ever fall in battle. He also wanted you take up the mantle as the leader of the Arturion’s, to become our king" he said his voice gradually gaining volume. 

"It's not about what he wanted, it's about what I want and I don't want to be your king. I decided to abandon that life, you won't convince me otherwise" snapped Taylor in response, his face contorting into a snarl. 

"What exactly do you think will happen if we lose this war? That you'll be able to live in hiding forever? They won't just leave you alone and even as tough as you are, you can't fight off the entirety of the Cyturion army" he said. 

"I'll give it a fucking good try then!" shouted Taylor, his anger finally taking over fully. 

"I had a life before this, a good life. I was going to be a rugby player I was even scouted for bath rugby at one point, but now there's no chance of that all because of what I am" he shouted again, this time much louder causing Mylar to jump a little. 

"Everyone who has ever joined this war has always had a life before, but we sacrifice what we had for the good of the world. We need you Taylor and you need us, you might not see that now but in time you will" said Mylar with a steady tone. 

"I didn't have a choice, it was either I joined or me and my family were hunted. You had a choice you didn't have to join but you did, so don't give me that fucking bullshit, Mylar" he snapped back. His patience was running thin and was getting tired of the argument. 

"I know that and we hated the fact you were put into that situation, it wasn't the way any of us wanted things. That's true, but I'm glad I did because before I had nobody now I have a family. Just at the very least come back with me, and sleep in a good bed so you can sleep on it. After that you'll be left alone, you have my word" said Mylar in a soothing voice. 

Taylor paced back and forth within the cramped space, having to turn several times until he finally came to a stop and looked up at Mylar. His eyes were fully focused on him for almost a whole minute until he eventually spoke in a whisper. 

"I'll go with you, but don't get your hopes up" said Taylor, then without another word pushed the door to his tiny shack open and winced again as the metal screeched against the concrete beneath. 

Outside stood a man, he wore light brown shorts and a grey t-shirt. He must have been in his mid-thirties and had long black hair which fell down over his eyes almost blocking them out completely. His head was pointed down ever so slightly so his face wasn't visible, then his head shot up and his eyes locked with Taylor's. His eyes were a deep blood red, they glowed from behind the curtain of black hair falling over them and were terrifying to look at but still he couldn't keep his eyes away from them. He knew they meant something to him, but he couldn't think what. Taylor heard the shuffling of feet behind him as Mylar emerged from the shack and froze in his tracks the moment he saw the man.