Chapter Ten: Confessions Of A Dead Man

WARNING! This chapter contains graphic scene, please avoid if sensitive to such things. 

Rain lashed against double glazed windows as thunder cracked like a whip in the distance, whilst the two young Arturion's looked down upon the bound and unconscious form that was Yuron Lychon. But Taylor knew him only as Christian Ackers, long-time friend of his family and possible the man that had sold them out to none other than Noran. He sat with his hands wrapped with his ankles by electrical tape which Darrell had found in the search of the kitchen. He'd been out cold for five minutes or so, which likely meant that he'd be waking fair soon. 

"Just had a thought, when he wakes up how are we supposed to stop him from materializing off to some unknown country?" asked Darrell, who was stood by the window keeping watch just incase someone else did come along.

"Ah I hadn't considered that to be honest, well it's probably best we get him back to Yalaria. I'm sure she'll have a plan to subdue him. Get him to his feet before he does wake up, I'll go over the house and wipe our prints from everything we've touched" said Taylor. 

"Is that really necessary"? he questioned with a grunt, as he grabbed Yuron by the back of his suit and onto the ground. 

"Yes it is. We aren't like Argus or Mylar, they lived before finger prints even became an issue. We however are from this time and are known by people as well, we have enough problems staying under the radar without being hunted for kidnapping" he said, then stalked off to the back door. 

He removed the tea towel that he'd almost set on fire and got to work on wiping away his prints, if he was described as thorough it would be an understatement. The only reason he'd even thought about doing what he was doing was because he'd watched countless CSI type programmes, it was the only tv he used to watch. After covering the back door, cupboards in the kitchen then finally upstairs he came into the living room and tossed the tea towel to Darrell. 

"Your turn. Don't miss anything, being lazy will get us found out, I'll watch him while you do it but be quick I'd rather not be here when he wakes up" ordered Taylor feeling his nerves on edge with every passing minute. 

"Got it, if he wakes up just smack him over the head again" said Darrell with a smirk. 

The minutes passed by as the storm raged on beyond the walls of the house and all that could be heard beneath the crescendo of thunder and lightning were the passing of cars every so often. Yuron was still out cold, it had been ten minutes since they'd jumped him and Taylor was surprised the man was still out of it. To be on the safe side he materialized a Gladius in his right hand and kept it pointed at the mans exposed throat, the last thing they needed was him escaping to run for help. Darrell came breezing back into the room with the tea towel slung over his shoulder looking very pleased with himself. 

"Did you cover everything?" he asked, being complacent and leaving things to chance wasn't something he ever risked doing so he wanted to be sure. 

"Yeah I got everything. You worry too much, Taylor now come on let's get this guy out of here" Darrell walked up to Yuron and grabbed him by the shoulder, which became wreathed in obsidian black flames. 

They began to rise up around him, he was trying to materialize but Taylor had other ideas. He still had his Gladius held by Yuron's throat and before he was able to complete the process, the tip was embedded ever so slightly into the flesh. Yuron looked at him with a glare of pure loathing as the flames descended out of sight followed by the flames along his hands and arms. 

"On your feet, try that again and I will put this through your throat this time" said Taylor.

Yuron didn't reply and sat debating on whether to do as he was asked. He finally did, realising that the situation was completely out of his control, and that it was better to go along with the order. He got up on both knees then to one until eventually hauling up to standing on both his feet at full height, all the while he kept the same glare fixed on Taylor.