Immodesty

"Guess what?" Anglea flopped down on the couch next to Malea, draping an arm across her shoulders.

"What?" Mal muttered. She was exhausted, and had tried to convince Angela to let her take a nap. Good thing too, because Angela had wanted to actually go out on a date. She had caved, seeing how pitiful Mal was, but Malea hadn't been able to fall alseep. She had had a nightmare about the stalker last night, which kept her awake in fear. And it was apparently still potent enough to keep her awake.

"I called someone up," Angela tried to build the suspense. "And a 'special friend' is coming to see you tomorrow."

"I don't think I want to hear now, because for some reason, this 'special friend' sounds like either a prostitute, a stripper, or a pedophile hobo clown. And frankly, I don't like any of those."

Angela rolled her eyes. "The Angel of Immodesty is coming. You haven't met anyone other than Michael, you need to see the group."

"You could have just said that. I swear to god, I thought that you had gone nuts and done something stupid like get us a prostitute."

Angela hit her with the back of her hand. "I take offense in that!"

Mal couldn't help smiling. She leaned over onto Angela's shoulder and muttered, "When are they coming?"

"She's coming tomorrow. You're not up to it now, so I told her to wait until then," Malea just nodded sleepily. "Anything I can do for you babe?" Angela rubbed Malea's back in sympathy of her exhaustion.

 Malea muttered something along the lines 'I'm okay' before she fell asleep on Angela's shoulder.

---------------------------------------------

A knock on the door came earlier than expected. "Holy shit, is she already here?" Angela rushed down the stairs. The Angel of Immodesty wasn't known for her patience.

Malea was on the back porch, blasting her headphones to loud Sheryl Crow. "Gasoline, will be free, will be free, yeah yeah yeah!"

"Mal! She's here!"

But Malea didn't hear. She was too busy tapping the beat on her legs. "They held them up for ransom without disturbing their high tea!"

"Malea!" Angela barked at her. Mal jumped and hastily pulled out her earbuds.

"I'm coming!" She stumbled over the chair leg while rushing into the living room. "Shit!"

Angela looked amused. "Malea, this Beatrice. Beatrice, this is the new Angel of Altruism."

Beatrice looked like she came out of California. Golden, tanned skin, sunglasses on her head, and shorts. She had a spiky blonde pixie cut and narrow, accusing blue eyes. Her shirt was tight, low-cutting, and every other way that could possibly be slutty all at once. Definitely immodest.

"Hey, nice to finally meet you," Mal held out her hand, but Beatrice just looked at her. "Okay, no handshake..."

Angela chuckled to herself softly. "Well, have a seat." Beatrice sat in the chair across the couch, where Mal and Angela sat, fairly close together. Beatrice raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

Beatrice turned to Malea. "So, what all has Angela told you about angelic power?"

Mal shrugged. "Not much. I can fly, but that's about it. Do angels really have powers?"

Beatrice smirked. "Well of course, sweetie. We're angels."

It looked like Angela rolled her eyes, but Mal couldn't be sure.