When Can I Do Flips?

"Angela! Hey Angela!"

Angela was lying down on her couch, trying to take a nap. Malea was bouncing on her feet about some that she clearly wanted to share. "Go away. Sleepy."

Mal crept over quietly and sat down on Angela's back. "I want to show you something."

"Malea, what the hell?! Get off of me!" Angela pushed her off, very irritated now.

She suddenly felt guilty, and kissed Angela passionately. Angela tried to push away and protest, but eventually was drawn in. She pulled Mal on the couch with her, arms around her waist. Malea broke away with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry love. Forgive me?"

Angela couldn't help smiling. "Only because you called me love. But you owe me a nap later, no interruptions!" Mal nodded. "Now, what is it you wanted to show me?"

Malea stood straight and turned around. Her wings unfolded, through her shirt, and she gave let them open and close like a butterfly's. "They can go through fabric! No rips or holes or anything!"

Angela raised an eyebrow at her. "You didn't know this?"

"You didn't tell me!"

"Sorry. Must have slipped my mind."

Mal huffed and flopped back down on the couch as her wings folded and disappeared. "Now all my excitement is gone..."

"Aww, I'm sorry baby," Angela leaned over to give her a kiss on the cheek. "Your wings are gorgeous though. Like the rest of you."

Malea leaned over to kiss her back. "Okay, I forgive you then."

Angela grinned. "I know what will cheer you up again. Come on, I think it's time we put those wings to good use."

Mal bolted up, as eager as a little kid getting candy. She followed Angela into the backyard, which she hadn't seen much of.

It was flat, and fairly large, with just a lone plastic table and bench in a corner nearest the house. A plain metal fence that wasn't more than half a foot high bordered it.

"Watch me first, then I'll show you how it's done." Angela told Malea while her wings unfolded. With a grunt, she beat them hard against the ground a few times before she lifted off the ground a few inches. A few more wing beats and she was over Malea's head by half again. From that point, Angela quickly gained altitude and she started to fly in a slow, gradual circle above her lawn. She picked up speed and started to do twists and flips, zig-zagging across the lawn or dipping towards the ground before coming back up.

Malea watched, mouth open slightly. She was grinning when Angela touched back to the ground. "Will you teach me how? Please?"

Angela laughed. "Of course. It's a lot easier if you can run and jump off something, though. Or from a height. But, to make sure you don't get hurt, we'll try it from the ground for now," Malea nodded. "Now, the tricky thing is getting your wings to beat towards the ground and send you up instead of going backwards. Since our wings are so close to our backs, we can't manipulate them down very well. But you can with enough practice, and power. I'm actually not sure how to explain exactly how to do it. A lot of it's instinct."

Mal rolled her eyes. "Wow, thanks..." Angela shrugged apologetically. Malea took a deep breath before unfolding her wings. She flapped them a little, and with slight adjustment, started to try and lift off the ground. With surprising speed, Mal was off the ground before Angela was. She pumped her black wings harder, gaining height. She grinned down at Angela, who was encouraging her to fly around. Malea gave one huge wing beat and started to fly faster and faster, giving an experimental spin before touching down in front of Angela.

Angela engulfed her in a hug from nowhere. "I've never seen anyone... well anyone like you!"

Malea grinned and held her at arm's length. "When can I do flips?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Shorest. Chapter. Ever. Well not really, but it was pretty damn short.

To be honest, this chapter fucking sucks. I actually need it for ANOTHER chapter, and instead of doing a flaskback I figured "Hey, this can be a really fucking lame excuse for a chapter." I might post these on the same day, I'm not sure.

I'm so sorry... this is NOT my best piece of writing. IT GETS BETTER, trust me.

If you're really tired of lame chapters like this one (I know I am) then tell me, and I might fall back to updating every few days or every week or something.

HOWEVER, if you're looking for some awesomeness that is not coming yet in this story, The Daemons of Life (also by me. Obviously.) HAS PROGRESS! Claps for me, because I haven't updated that story in quite awhile.

So instead of asking you to vote and comment on this piece of shit, go vote and comment on that awesome story!.

PS: Good song to the right! Has nothing to do with anything... you know I think it fits some of the later stuff, but I'm posting it now because I'm listening to it. Might see this song again some time (even though I don't like to do repeats...)