Stalker

"Malea, wakey wakey!" Zack called from his bedroom.

Mal was already slightly awake, staring at the ceiling. She was still thinking about Angela and the new prospect of angels in this world. She admitted to herself that yes, she liked Angela-- who couldn't like someone that good looking and nice?-- and maybe even dreamt about her a little.

Zack stuck his head in the doorway. "Mal?"

"Hm? Yea, I'm awake. Getting up." Of course, Malea hadn't told Zack about her talk with Angela. She told him that Angela had gotten hurt and she took care of her, but that was it. It went unsaid that this wasn't the type of thing to tell the whole world about.

"You okay little one?"

Malea turned her head to her brother's concerned face. "Yea, I'm good. No nightmares. Go get ready."

Zack hesitated a second before nodding and leaving, leaving Mal to her thoughts. She quickly got dressed and ready for school, putting on a black v-neck tee and old jeans.

"Ready!" Mal called to Zack, grabbing an apple to eat in the car.

Zack dropped her off at the doors to the school and Malea meandered through the halls to her locker, taking time until the bell. Opening it and swapping some books, when Mal closed it she found Angela leaning aginst the adjacent one.

"Oh my god! Don't do that, you scared the crap out of me!" Mal jumped when she saw the angel's face.

Angela smiled. "Sorry, wanted to talk to you before anyone was in earshot."

Malea nodded. "Shoot, I've got time before I piss off Mrs. Robinson."

Angela grinned again, then turned serious. "So, um, about yesterday..."

"I didn't tell anyone," Mal said. "No need to tell me not too. It's kind of obvious."

Angela nodded. "Glad you got that. So, since you know about the secret and everything..."

Malea raised an eyebrow. "What? Don't keep me in suspense."

"Nevermind. It's stupid."

Mal looked at her quizzically. Angela almost looked embarrased and was looking at the floor. Malea shruged internally. "Well we might as well go to class to see good ol' Mrs. Robinson..." The last part was dripping with obvious sarcasm and made Angela laugh. She had such a great laugh.

------

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Malea and Angela could be considered friends, they had become closer since Mal knew one of the biggest secrets in the world. Gym was a little awkward, because, just her luck, Malea had gym with Angela.

Mal was gay, shirtless women distracted her. A lot. Angela had a locker in another row from Malea though, which she both cursed and thanked for.

The walk home was uneventful this time. Zack had gotten off of work early because of 'technical difficulties,' and so the two went out. Malea didn't get out much because she was so anti-social, but she would with Zack. Her brother was awesome in her eyes, and worth hanging out with.

 Malea was a few months from eighteen, and didn't like to drive very much, but Zack said just driving to the movies would be good practice. They were going to the mall-- which was incredibly weird and out of place for Malea-- because it had the movie theatre and everything else in it.

It turned out that the movie they wanted to see didn't play at the mall's theatre for another week, so they browsed some of the stores away form hordes of teenagers.

"The one thing I like about the mall," Malea said, "Is their pretzels. I absolutely love these things."

Zack laughed and threw an arm around his sister's shoulders. "That's my lil' sis... Wanna go in there?" He motioned towards a store in front of them full of pink and glittery stuff. Malea gave him the death look, causing another laugh. "Just teasing you, little one. Come on, let's go home."

Mal smiled, then suddenly stopped, staring across the way at a man. The man looked very plain-- brown hair, blue jeans, a dark t-shirt and black sunglasses-- but he looked familiar. Malea's eyes widened. She had seen the man at the theater, then at the pretzel place, then at the store. At all of the stores.

He was following her. For some reaosn, Malea could tell the man was following her and not Zack.

"Hey, you okay?" Zack was looking at her oddly.

Mal tore her eyes away to look at her brother. "Yea, I'm fine." When she looked back, the man was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry, short chapter!

But I uploaded today! Ha! So far I have uploaded every day... which is actually really good for me, I haven't published my other stories for weeks... (sorry to those who read them... slight writer's block... especially on David Copperfield.)

Anyway...

A stalker! Exciting!

Wait, it's a stalker. Nobody likes stalkers... unless you're Bella from Twilight, then you're so desperate you'll take anything. OH just got pwned!

Ahem. Done now. Maybe.

Vote! Comment!

PS: I couldn't find a good song that actually fit the chapter :( sowwy. For now, just enjoy what I have up. This is actually one of my FAVORITE songs. It just kicks ass. Went road rallying today, so had to listen to it :P Love the song! I command it!

I also command you to vote and comment. *best Picard voice I can muster* That is all.