Chapter 29

Kira's POV

After Oliver kissed me, something strange happened. One minute he was smiling at me, and the next he was mad.

Pure anger radiated from him for no reason whatsoever. He glared at me then swiftly turned and walked out of the dark room.

What the hell just happened?

I wanted to say something, but I was in too much shock to speak. Oliver had kissed me, been happy for less than a minute, then got mad and left.

I slowly left the room and walked upstairs. Maybe Noah had said something to upset him...

Felix! I yelled through my mind.

"No need to yell. I'm right here." He said as I walked through the kitchen.

"Do you know what's wrong with Oliver? Did something happen?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Why?" He said, giving me a curious look. I shook my head and explained what happened.

"Oh no. This can't be good." He said quietly. 

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It sounds like he's clouded over. It's an extremely rare thing to happen. It's like everything good just gets clouded over, hence the name, and only the bad parts of his personality are left. Also the inner vampire will be internally battling him. It's something I've never personally witnessed, but I've heard stories about it." He said, looking worried.

"So it's like he's at his worst?" I asked.

"No, it's even worse than that. I don't know how to explain it, but for and example, once you've mated, you  could never hurt your mate. But when a vampire is clouded it's as if nothing good is there, not even their own mate. Draccus told me he watched a vampire hit his own mate and if he hadn't stepped in and snapped the guy's neck he might have done a lot worse than that. So it's not like Oliver at his worst, it is every single bad thing about Oliver rolled into one, creating something he could never consciously do."

I wasn't sure how to respond. I doubted it was a coincidence that it had happened right after our kiss. It had to somehow be my fault.

"Is it because of me? I mean I know I have different blood and blood like mine is really rare." I said giving Felix a look.

"How do you know about that?" Felix asked, now giving me a look of horror. I raised an eyebrow.

"Cedric told me that I was different, but I don't know much more about it except my blood is different and lately my eyes have been changing to different shades of blue." I said.

"I hate to say that I think it might have something to do with you, but I believe it does. I've never met anyone like you so I can't say for sure." He said, giving me a sad look.

"So how long does the clouding last?"

"I have no idea. After Draccus snapped the vampires neck he woke up and was completely normal, although it took his mate some time to be comfortable around him again. Seeing your mate like that will shake somebody up." Felix said. 

"Well I'll just go and snap his neck then." I said sarcastically, earning me an eye roll from Felix.

"Right now I think it would be best if you stayed away from Oliver, because even if he likes you it won't matter. I don't want you getting hurt." Felix added, giving me a stern look. 

"I'll try I guess, but what about the other slaves?"

Felix shrugged. "I don't know what will happen.