Chapter 2 (Edited)

It was just after nine in the morning when we pulled up to the mansion. I had to admit that Oliver's mansion was a great deal larger then Sam's. It looked slightly creepy with the large black fence and dark stone. It was more like a small palace than a large mansion.

Before we'd even left our own home Sam had given me a big hug and told me that he had to be formal with me when we arrived, or Oliver would never let him hear the end of it. So as we walked up to the house I didn't say anything to Sam even though I wanted so badly to tell him to be safe and give him another hug. 

My hands were holding my suitcase behind my back so as to not give away the trembling that was coursing through me. Sam didn't even knock when the door opened putting us face to face with Oliver, who was grinning at Sam.

I'd seen his face a thousand times in the picture and knew that he was beautiful, but he seemed even more so in person. My mouth opened, and I had to repress a gasp. I didn't know a person could be so gorgeous.

My second thought was regarding his height. He wasn't a great deal taller than Sam, but I wasn't use to being around anyone taller than him at all, so Oliver's sheer height was frightening. His bright blue eyes were gorgeous, but held the same wicked gleam that they had in the picture and reminded me of ice.

Sam's eyes were still lake-waters and his older brother's frozen oceans. The analogy amused me, but I wasn't about to start laughing in front of Oliver. I couldn't imagine how awkward it would be for the both of us for him to open the door and have a stranger seemingly start to laugh at him.

How to make a bad impression 101.

"Samantha, it's good to see you." Oliver said in a joking manner. Sam's eyes rolled, and it seemed he was suppressing a groan. It was relatively obvious the nickname had been around for awhile. Oliver chuckled slightly, giving his brother a quick hug and inviting him inside. He hadn't even glanced my way as I followed Sam into his home.

"You look awfully grim." Oliver commented after a moment of silence. 

"Do I?" Sam dryly asked in response.

"So this is the girl? She's smaller than I expected. Not to mention she doesn't smell like anything special." I was a little taken aback by his words, and he seemed to notice. "I can always smell her on you, and her blood smells better when it's been outside of her skin." Oliver's eyes darkened as he smirked in my direction. Sam sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be like that Oliver." Sam growled, following up by saying something that sounded like a threat in a different language. Oliver just rolled his eyes.

"I never really promised; I just said that I would try my best not too. So there you have it, you can be on your way." Oliver said cheerfully.

Oliver made it obvious they were talking about me, but I at the same time I had the feeling Oliver would never hurt his brother, not even indirectly.

 "Oliver." Sam warned.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. We discussed the details already. " Oliver said, almost sounding sincere.

Sam seemed to know that there was no use in arguing, face contorting with frustration. He turned to me, eyes briefly crinkling with sadness, the only giveaway that he was going to miss me.

"Until I return." He said, nodding his head at me. I simply nodded mine back.

He gave his brother another quick hug before vanishing before my eyes. I heard the front door slam shut.

So that was it, huh? I was alone with Oliver in his living room. Hesitantly I turned to him and saw that he was staring out the window, no doubt watching Sam leave. After a moment he seemed to snap out of it, quickly turning around and walking away.