Chapter 13

Kira's POV

Today alone we'd been walking for hours. This was, of course, after an hour of driving. They'd also switch off between flashing while carrying me, but they couldn't do that very long because it was hard for me. Each time it made me sick and dizzy and we'd have to stop for almost ten minutes. Finally they'd ended my torture and decided to just walk. It wasn't like it mattered to them anyway; they didn't get physically exhausted very easy.

I looked at the dead surroundings. The trees had lost their leaves a month ago and as the wind blew, they looked like they were shuddering from the cold just as I was. It was early December and only the second day of our trip. The clouds hung low and threatened to snow. I wondered briefly if it would. I hoped not.

I hated the cold.

"Kira are you okay? You're shaking like a leaf."

"I'm fine." I said in a harsh tone. I hardly glanced in Palock's direction as I answered his concerned question.

"I really am sorry Kira. Please don't be mad at me anymore." He said in a tone that reminded me of a child.

He was going to leave me with the other two vampires who I didn't know in just a few minutes. I was only comfortable leaving Sam because I was going with Palock and he was ditching me. I knew he had responsibilities, but it was still upsetting. I looked at the two who had slightly frightened looks on their faces when they saw me staring.

Isn't that a funny first; vampires afraid of a human girl.

They were both shorter than average. One had dark skin and short black hair and eyes that were so brown they almost looked back. His teeth were almost blinding when he smiled. The other had chocolate brown hair and brown eyes that matched. I was betting that Sam had threatened them and that they also knew I was partially Oliver's slave as well.

"Just remember that we've contacted Flintre and they have someone coming to meet up with you at the border." Palock said.

"I know." I replied shortly.

"Kira..." He whined.

"Yes?"

"I'm about to be leaving and you're going to stay angry with me? What if something happens to me? I wouldn't want to die knowing you were still mad at me." He said.

I whipped my head around to look at him, my eyes softening immediately. The look in his eye told me he knew that would get me to come around.

"Don't talk like that Palock." I said with a sad tone. I knew that anything was possible.

"Can I have a hug goodbye at least?" He asked, smiling gently at me. I walked over to his thin, tall form and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was skinnier than most, but he was also one of the sweetest guys alive. I couldn't stay mad at him. His long black hair got in the way of him green eyes. While he was handsome, he had a sort of look that made him seem so young. He was younger than Sam, but they'd been friends for over thirty years. He gave me a goofy grin of victory and winked before flashing away. As he disappeared I heard the his words whispered in the wind.

"Goodbye Kira."

"Bye!" I shouted, knowing for sure he'd hear it. The other two vampires flinched from the sensitivity in their ears.

"Sorry." I said, giggling.

"So Miss Kira, are you ready to continue our trip?" The dark skinned one named Kevin said.

"I told you that you can just call me Kira." I said with a smile. He returned the smile but didn't say anything.

"Well Miss Kira, if you want to stop here it's getting late anyway. We can continue and be at Flintre tomorrow by noon." The other one, Neil, said. I flinched, I wasn't in a hurry to get to Flintre. Just the thought of the place gave me chills.