Chapter 18

Kira's POV

We'd been walking for hours and Cedric hadn't said a single word to me since we left. This was troublesome because I knew he was probably plotting something. 

After Ambrosia had done another healing session and fed us we'd started out, continuing this torturous trek back to Ibitario. I was more than ready to see Oliver's mansion. I wouldn't have expected I would feel this way about going back, but I was excited.

Why did I miss Oliver? I have no idea. He's a horrible person just like Cedric, although he wasn't nearly as bad. I just missed looking at him and I missed his cold blue eyes that melted when he smiled or laughed, his thick black hair that was always messy and made me want to run my hands through it, and I missed the sound of his voice.

I was crazy.

That was the only explanation for the reason behind my feelings for Oliver. I really needed to get over this silly crush I had on him. He was a vampire and I was a human; we can never be together, not now, not ever. 

That thought made me cringe. I didn't want to think about something as depressing as that.

I didn't want to think about Oliver at all, but the longer I was with Cedric, the more I found myself missing Oliver. I missed Noah and Sam too of course, but it wasn't the same.

I didn't mean to, but I sighed aloud, thinking about how stupid I was for letting myself crush on one of my masters.

"What?" Cedric asked, sounding annoyed.

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up in surprise from hearing him actually talk after a long period of silence.

"You keep sighing and it's pissing me off. Stop being a baby about walking." He said flatly, not looking at me. 

Is he pouting?

"I'm not being a baby. I didn't even know I was doing that." I said haughtily. Cedric looked down at me, eyes narrowing. I simply raised my eyebrows in return.

"Stop the attitude before I decide to go against my better judgment and bruise your pretty little face." He said sarcastically.

"Aw you think I'm pretty?" I asked, batting my eye lashes and using a fake tone. This managed to make him smile ever so slightly. He rolled his eyes and looked away from me.

Are we going to get there tonight or tomorrow?" I asked, hoping we would today. He huffed and stopped.

"Well that really depends on you. You're the one holding us back remember?" He said sarcastically. 

"Well what would it take for us to get there today?" I asked. 

He looked up at the sky before answering.

"A miracle." He said, beginning to walk again.

~After a couple of hours the sun was beginning to set. Despite everything I still had Cedric's hoodie on and he was freezing.

"Alright, here are the choices: we can stop for the night and get there mid-day tomorrow, or we can keep going and get there around one in the morning." Cedric said. I thought about it. I was starving and freezing. I was already deprived of sleep and worn out. One more night with Cedric wouldn't be too bad, would it?

"Well I guess we can stop tonight so we can be rested." I said, a little unsure. He seemed relieved with my answer. He didn't say anything as he led me and Jay into a small town. There were a few lights outside and I saw a food place, but other than that there wasn't much at all.

"What kind of rinky dink place is this?" Jay asked, breaking the strange silence of the place.

"I have no idea. I've never been here before. We're close to the three way border for Ibitario, Flintre, and the out-lands so there's bound to be some weird people around here." Cedric said, looking around suspiciously.