Jasmine 27: The Ghost of My Past

So finally I am able to update and share this chapter with you guys, was really busy with school, Chapter 27's here... and this is time to meet a new valuable character in this story... Enjoy. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmine's POV

"So, how are things between you and Alex?" Louisa casually asks Chloe, as we stalk along the sidewalk of Long Beach under the warm rays of the sun.

"Didn't I tell you?" there's a surprise on Chloe's voice. "Oh, I haven't."

"Tell me what?" Louisa asked mystified. "What is it?"

Chloe rolled her eyes, "It was just a fling." She gestured. "It wasn't serious."

"What? You were crazy about him." Louisa put emphasis on 'crazy'.

"I was not!" Chloe protested, "and besides I met this British dude." She giggles as she speaks. Louisa just looks at Chloe then she turn to Jared who shrugs. Chloe notice so she speaks again. "He's our... I mean my new classmate and mind you, seat mate." She said blissfully.

"So tell me more about this 'dude'" Louisa said mocking the high pitch voice of Chloe.

"Well," she answered in British accent "His name's Clyde, he's cute..."

I didn't have to listen what Chloe has to say next. Clyde the one I was with the day before I knew who I am. Now he's here in California and he's friends with Chloe Louisa's best friend. 'WAIT! I can't be sure that we are referring to the same Clyde here, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of British Clyde in the world.' I convince myself.

"Invite him over." Louisa suggested with enthusiasm. "I need to meet this Clyde."

"What! No!" All eyes on me. Shit! My thoughts came out of my stupid mouth.

"No?" Chloe frowns at me staring at me critically like I'm a complicated math problem.

"I mean...Uhm... We are going back to T-Texas right?" I show a big smile. "So, maybe we should get enough rest for trip back home." I added.

"Yeah, but I guess I could do something about that." Louisa said holding up her Iphone "I'll call Dad later and ask him if we could stay for a little while longer and head back home tomorrow morning."

"Problem solved." Chloe prompt.

We walk back to Louisa's house in the middle of the private beach resort. Despite the fact that I am walking pass by the most wonderful view in the world. Walking around the US has been one of my dream and now here it is, but I can't stop thinking of him. Thinking of Clyde. I would really like to see him but maybe his mad at me for running away without leaving a message. Yes, he knew I'd have to go to a school far away. He didn't knew when I'd leave, I left for work and never return. Yet, why worry this much? I'm not even sure that the Clyde Chloe speak of, is really the Clyde that I knew.

"Is there anything wrong?" A whispering voice draws me out of my flashbacks. I turn face the owner of the voice and see Jack looking at me with his boyish smile, his looking at me intently and turn his head to one side, like I'm a hard puzzle to solve. "Are you okay?"

"I am." I nod as I pocket my hands.

Moments later we are in Louisa's house. As soon as we get in, Louisa disappeared into her father's study to make a phone call. Leaving me with the boys since Chloe went out to the courtyard to make a phone call, maybe she's inviting Clyde over. 'She's inviting Clyde over?' my subconscious panics. 'He will be here any minute.'