Chapter 8: Trouble

Rosalie's Point of View

I had an amazing Saturday, Emmett was the best model I could have asked for. Helping my dad out was not part of any plans I had in mind, but whatever. I am now sitting, cuddled up in my blankets. My sketch book in front of me and a pencil aimlessly drawling by itself. I was in a tranquil place and I didn't want it to be disturbed, unless by Emmett of course. I was honestly madly in love with a boy I had only known for about a week.

     My phone blared "Sexy Back", signaling a call from Vee. I shook my head and reached for it on the end table. "Yes?" I asked her. "Well I want to go out tonight and I was possibly wondering, if you're be willing to watch my siblings for me," she said, her voice a fake sweet, innocent one. I shook my head and said, "Of course, I love Henry and Charlotte!" I could hear the smile in her voice, "Thanks, so much Rose! Be here as soon as able to!" I hung up and went to go pull on a sweatshirt and boots. After grabbing my purse and phone, I headed down the stairs.

     Vee did not live too far from me, so I decided to walk the few blocks or so to get to her house. I arrived around 7:00pm and found Vee holding her brother and sister in her arms. "Hey, Vee. How long you going out for?" She shook her head, knowing I ask that question every time I come to watch the babies. "Well considering my response is normally 10, I guess you should suspect that I were to be home at 10."

     "Blah, blah. Just hand me the kids and try not to get drunk," I say, taking Charlotte and Henry into my arms. I watched Vee drive off and then went out of the freezing cold, Charlottle swatting a piece of my hair. I cooed her and then went into the kitchen. Setting them in their high chairs, I went into the refrigerator to get the stuff for the bottles, I then started a boiling water so I could warm the milk up.

     I felt the vibration of my phone and pulled it out. It was a text from Emmett that read:

     Can't wait to see your shining face at school tomorrow!

     I felt a warm flush to my cheeks and I replied saying:

     Thanks, can't wait to see ur brilliant smile tomrrw.

     Sending it, I got the bottles ready and placed them carefully in the pan. I looked over to Charlotte and Henry; they looked terribly bored out of their minds. "Aww, babies. I promise after you two eat, we will play around until you wish I were gone," I told them, beaming. As if understanding me, they clapped their and hands, giggling. I shook my head and went to go grab a bottle. I forgot they were hot so they burnt my hand after I picked one up. "Shoot," I said, setting the bottle quickly on the counter.

     I dipped my hand under running cold water and cringed as it stung at first. 'Stupid dumb blond moments, I bitterly thought to myself. After my hand felt slightly better, I went over to pick up the babies. I brought them into the living room and set Charlotte down in the playpen. I fed Henry first and after burping him, I set him in the playpen. I grabbed Charlotte and fed her as well. I honestly would steal Henry and Charlotte from Vee one day; they're the cutest babies I've ever met.

     After burping Charlotte, I set her in the playpen with Henry. My phone vibrated again and I found another text from Emmett and this one read:

     You're the best, Love ya Rose.

     That sent butterflies dancing in my stomach. First he has never called me Rose and second I couldn't remember if he had told me 'I love you' yet, how sad, I know! I quickly replied saying:

     Love you too, Emmett.

     I hovered above the send button and then finally caved in and sent it to him. I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket. I went off to go find some toys to play with. I found a whole box of toys in a play room looking place. Grabbing keys, a ball, a box of Lego's, and a few barbies I set off back to the living room where I found the babies staring expressionless at the wall. I shook the keys and they both looked at me, aw was evident in their eyes and expression.