Chapter 7: Sketch Me

Carlisle's Point of View

I sit in my study, thinking of a plan to test my son Emmett. "Esme, can you come to my study please," I call to my beautiful wife. She comes in, a smile painted on her face. "Yes?" she asks softly; coming to stand in front of me. "This may sound deceiving, but may I ask you to do a certain task for me, my love," I said, pleading with my eyes.

     "May I please hear as to what you want me to do?" She asked. "Well I know I agreed to allow Emmett date Rosalie, but that was only to get Bella quiet. I am sorry I am asking you this but will you please keep an eye on them. Evaluate how Emmett acts with her. Please, Esme, I would do it myself but I have to work."

     Esme gazed at me, still as a statue. She soon touched her lips, a silent signal for me to kiss her. I smirked and stood to giver a feather- light kiss. Giving in she sighed, "Yes I will spy on our son." I gave her a passionate kiss and looked at the time. "Thanks so much my love, but I must be heading off to work."

     Esme nodded and with one last little kiss, I made my way out the door, hoping that I would be able to trust the choices of my son.

                                              Emmett's Point of View

I was getting slightly jumpy as I awaited for Rosalie's arrival. It was just to be sketched, but it was another date neither less. "Emmett, you're bouncier than a kangaroo, settle down," scolded Esme. "Sorry, I feel like something is kicking my butt, urging me to get up," I reply, holding my legs together.

     "Love can be a burden that takes you on an adventure to new lands," Esme said, slightly dreamily. "Yeah," I reply, seeing a car roll up the driveway. In excitement I run straight into the door. I hear the sound of the hinges breaking; looking at the door I saw that only two were broken. The third gripping on for life.

     I casually walked out and greeted Rosalie half-way. "Hey lovely," I commented her. "Ready to be exposed?" she asked, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. "Well my face, yes it is ready to be exposed," I replied, flashing her a cocky smile. Before I let her reply, I gently took her hand, leading her into my home. "Wow, this is beautiful," Rosalie said, looking around. 'Almost like a child in a candy store,' I thought to myself, gazing at Rosalie's wonderful face.

     I broke her trance as I led her up the stairs and down the hall towards my room. "Ready to see where my magic making happens" I ask her, a teasing note hinted in my voice. "Heck, yes," she replied, excitement lounging on her vocal cords. I threw open the door, revealing my slightly boring room. She stepped in, slowly as if lasers were going to trigger an alarm any moment. "I expected like booby traps, or something to be popping out of any corner," Rosalie commented, scanning her hand across my bookshelves.

      "No, Esme would not allow," I say, stepping further into my room, letting the door close lightly behind me. "You call your mom by her first name?" she questions, taking a seat on my bed. "Normally, though it is because she is not my birth mother I believe. I love her all the same." She looked around, as if looking for some piece to a puzzle, "Is your house always this quiet? I mean, where is everyone?" Rosalie questions, her blue eyes falling upon me.

      Sitting down on the bed, next to her, I say, "Well my dad's at work, my siblings are doing god knows what, and my mom is somewhere downstairs, or possibly doing stuff in the garden." She smiles, taking out a sketch book she analyzed my face. Taking a black charcoal stick, she began drawling, glancing up ever so often to see what she may have missed. "Smile, please," she instructed, and as I did she began to drawl more. After about 10 more minutes of drawling she set down her drawling stuff.