Chapter 6: Am I in love too deep?

I pulled into the driveway of my home, not caring where I am parked. I hop out of my Jeep into the sprinkling rain and head into the house. I welcomed with frustrated stares and glares. I wanted to shout 'What the heck is wrong with all of you?' I resisted the urge and was accompanied that thought by a glower from Edward.

     "I am waiting for someone to tell me off, or whatever you all want to do?" I said, frustrated. "You are an idiot," Edward said, his voice barley contained. "How is my situation any different from your Edward? You saved Bella from near death, so how come I can't save Rosalie," I said, wanting to stomp my foot like those teenage girls in movies. "We have been through this, it is a mistake to bring another human into our world," Edward coutered, his eyes almost turning black with anger.

     I walked past Alice and Jasper and sat down on the couch. I tried ignoring them by flipping on some football. It was unsuccessful, Edward and Jasper blocked my view of the TV. I heard the sound as another person turned it off. I crossed my arms over my chest and had a glaring contest with my brothers. I was annoyed with them, to an extreme extent.

     "Emmett, will you please let us tell you the reason why we do not Rosalie in out lives?" I heard Esme's voice drift from near by. "Is there anything different than that you don't want to put her in harms way?" I questioned lightly. I heard her slight sigh and she said, "I am afraid so, sorry Emmett. We just don't want her to go through this. Don't want her to have no choice but to be like us, just know this I still love you son."

     I had the temptation to put my fingers in my ear and make loud noises. I just stared motionless at the floor. I felt a poke in my shoulder, but I ignored it. "Can vampires freeze?" I heard Alice's voice, sounding as if from a distance. Without any thought of my actions I pushed off the couch and stormed out the door. There was no rain, yet I pulled my hood up anyways. I rain through the rain stroked streets, unsure of my destination, until Rosalie's house came into view.

     The day had become late and it was pushing 11 o'clock. I could only hope that Rossalie was not a night owl. I crept towards her house and glanced in downstairs windows. No bedrooms were on the first floor, so I jumped onto a tree branch and peered in the second story windows. On the second try I spotted Rosalie's room. She was asleep, tangled in her sheet, her hair sprewed across the bed.

     I smiled, having learned a trick or two from Edward, I reached over to find that her window was unlocked. I swung myself quietly landing in her room, a dull thud was the only sound. I leaned against the wall across from her. I now understood the endless nights Edward spent gawking at Bella as she slept. It was just a unique kind of feeling, even though a slightly intrusion of privacy. Rosalie tussled around in her sheets, only to lie still moments later.

     Wishing I could read her mind, I sat on the grown against the wall. Gazing at Rosalie made me feel like a stalker. I laughed in my head my joke and Rosalie stirred again, as if hearing my quiet laughter. "Emmett," I heard my name being said lightly. It had came from Rosalie's mouth, though she was not awake. So she talks in her sleep. I was afraid of her waking, so I made my way out the window and jumped to the ground. I was unsure if I really wanted to head home, considering all that awaited me there was an argument.

     Keeping my thoughts clear, I strolled down the street, keeping my head high. I walked home, not caring any longer of what my family thought of my love for Rosalie. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right? I shook my head at the thought of that song, closing my eyes and taking an unneeded breathe I stepped through the door to my awaiting fate. "There you are Emmett," Carlisle's voice said as I made my way through the door.

     "Yeah, sorry. I needed some open space," I replied, making my way into the family room, where everyone was. I sat down inbetween Bella and Alice, waiting patiently for the arguing to comense. Esme was the first to break the silence, "Emmett, I assume you expect us to yell at you more...but we have decided that we need to accept your decision. You're right we shouldn't treat you unfairly. Edward got Bella, why should you not get Rosalie."