The Circus Act

xReader
"Ladies and gentlemen... welcome to our show!"
A man in a suit with a big hat stood on stage, presenting their first show as your host.

"Where your darkest fantasies become reality!"
Your eyes were on the man, not quite feeling comfortable by his aura.

For the first time in your life, there arrived a circus by your home town.
Nobody expected a circus, let stand some tourists who traveled on the way.

"We will show you miracles, unknown acts and even a cruel curse."
The lights in the big circus tent started to decrease, as the last word was spoken to the audience.

"As your host for today, I would like you to introduce; our lovely Anna."
The man disappeared in the shadows, as he walked backwards.

A little girl appeared on stage, her beautiful dress moving with her, as it was guided by her dancing skills.
Her face was hidden behind a mask, which was by everyone who belonged by the circus.

Time flew past you, as it slipped away unwillingly.
Not knowing how many acts you already saw.

Through the show you were amazed by all the acts, because you never expected such unordinary and unexplainable performances.

Even as you sat in the middle of the audience, it felt like you were with them on stage.
"For our last act... we need a volunteer..."

The spotlights shined on all the faces, slowly ending up on no other than yourself.
"Our lovely Anna will guide the lady to our stage... give her a big round of applause!"

Your eyes were almost burning because of the lights shining upon you.
While hearing some people compliment you about how lucky you were, you realized that you were the chosen one to be the volunteer.

Suddenly, you felt a hand grabbing you, trying to drag you out of your seat.
Seconds feeling like hours, because of all the eyes staring at you.

Eventually, you were on stage... no certain emotion on your face.
You were excited, scared but also very high spirited! Also a bit shy... great combination.

"The beautiful lady will face our hideous beast."
The host of the show, who had a white mask with red roses painted on it,
took your hand, leading you to a cage.

The cage, what you didn't see moments ago, had iron bars and had a weird feeling around it. What was inside the cage was quite unknown, only darkness giving an answer.

"Can she tame him or will his soul be doomed forever?!"
As your eyes were focused on the cage, a light growl was present in the cage.

In the shadow of the cage, two ember eyes showed itself through the bars.
The growl was released by the mouth, causing to show its sharp teeth.

With your curiosity rating at its highest, a loud bark made you stumble backwards.
"Don't be scared young la-" "It's so beautiful..."

Your mouth was almost touching the floor as you were amazed by the creature.
"Beautiful? Haha!"

The masked man behind you laughed at your opinion.
"Why did you put it in a cage?!"