School trip

With my hair in a ponytail and sweat covering my whole body, I punched the tree again. My frustration runs free, while my rage boils up.

I can prove myself I can behave, who said I couldn't? My dad. It's just a school trip, going away for 2 days... with a full moon. Even if there is on, I can control myself!

Maybe I have only turned by 9 full moons, but I know what to do while being scared, raged or vulnerable. Fight or flight.

'J-jenna? Your hand is bleeding.' In a blink of an eye, I was turned around. The little girl stared shocked at my hand, without saying a word I covered my wound. It will be healed in the morning.

'Maya, what are you doing here?!' Maya is my little sister, just turned 10. We try our best to keep her out of our family secret as long as we can. Of course, we know we have to tell her before... before she turns.

'Dad asked me to get you home, dinner is ready.' With a smile I walked to her and hold out me hand to let her take it. Slowly, she reached out to my hand and grabbed it.

'How was school, today? Learned something new?' She softly squeezed in my hand, walking with me to our house. I don't want her to get caught into this world. She will become a child of the moon.

(^~^)

'Fine, you can go. But if you bite, kill or even scratch someone... leave no evidence.' That were my dad last words before I left the house, the next moment he acted as nothing happened.

Two days with my class, in a big forest. Only thinking about running through that beautiful forest while the moon covers my back! Wonderful!

Having my backpack on the bus I stood outside with the girls. 'Hey Jenna, also so excited for tonight?' I look at my left. Nathan, a boy from my class passed by with a smirk. Wait, tonight? Full moon!

While spreading my eyes I got dragged inside the bus by the girls. He is also a..? No, right? I turned back to see if he was still there, but no one was to be seen. I guess he already went into the other bus.

Even though, my friends don't know my secret it's still difficult to hide it. Yes, it's only one night every month but... I hate the feeling knowing that I can't be like them!

Not having a normal family, not being able to look at the full moon without thinking about hunting or protection my family. Yes, I can love an human, not that it will be tolerated. We keep the bloodline pure, just what our ancestors did.

'Jenna? We arrived.' Did I fall asleep? We walked outside of the bus, to our camp. All our stuff will be brought by the camp leaders, also known as our teachers. The forest smell... I can smell the squirrels, the deers, the pigs and even a b-bear?

'Are there bears in this forest?' Who asked that? 'No Nathan, there are no bears. The only thing what can attack you are some squirrels and if you are lucky then maybe a deer.'

I know the smell of bacon, so there are definitely pigs out there. Only the smell of the bear is the thing I am not sure of. I have seen one when I was little, my dad had 'shot' one on an hunt with his friends. Who are also werewolves, by the way.

While everyone gathers around a fake, yes a fake, bear's head, Nathan walks to me. 'Seems pretty fake to me. Weird that everyone believes it's a real one.' Before I could respond, he had already gathered with the rest of the group.