If you say so

This one is for CristaStan, who supports me truly <3
If there are any suggestions, please let me know!

'Just read it!' An old book was placed before me, a leather book cover with the words; The Supernatural. 'Take a look by the research about our kind.' I looked at my best friend, who I know for quite some time.

Danny stood with his back pointed to me, so he didn't catch me staring for a few seconds. My eyes were dragged back to the book, too curious what secrets it could have. My fingers moved along the old leather, almost hearing it crack under my touch.

Careful and slowly I opened it, catching the beautiful handwriting what was hidden inside. Brown ink spread all over the first page, what normally would be blank. Only the handwriting was unreadable, hopefully the writer would change his handwriting through the book itself.

After three blank pages, there was something written, looked like a message. My eyes read and read it more than hundred times, until I knew what words I was reading all along; 'Shall the one whose heart is beating, fight for the one with an heart who can not.' For someone whose heart isn't beating? Fighting for a person who died?

Before I could ask my travel companion, what this book was truly about, he was gone. I guess Danny had to stretch his legs after reading books for two straight days. With having more questions by every page I turned, I ended up by a specie I know the best; Werewolves.

'P-please let me go!' As fast as I could, I ran outside where the forest surrounds the house, where the shouting came from. Three figures were gathered before me. Danny lay on the ground, unconscious with blood covering his neck. Feeling my bones shifting, the urge of killing the one who did this.

'Who is responsible?!' My voice roared through forest, causing birds to fly away and the one at my right to get startled. The one at my left, was wearing everything in black, hiding its face behind a piece of cloak. 'Who do you think? The vampire of course!' The black clothed person pointed with its skinny finger to the one at my right.

A tall boy, hair shining as gold, but stood in the shadows from the trees. 'I-It is an illusion! S-she is a witch!' The boy stepped back, almost falling to the ground. How did Danny end up in a fight with a vampire and a witch, for Wolfsbane's sake?!

I looked back at Danny, who was laying on the ground. His heart didn't beat anymore. 'Go away! Both of you!' With my feet moving to Danny, a great force stopped me. 'You mean you let the vampire go? The one who killed your friend?' A growl came from my mouth, my view turned red as the rage boiled up in my skin.

Something changed inside me, my body moved to the vampire. Hate and revenge were the only things inside my head. Before I knew it, I tackled the vampire to the ground. My face inches of his, looking into his golden eyes. Gold.

'The most uncommon race of this complicated specie: The Vampire, would be The Vegetarian. Mostly being hunted by all kinds of Supernaturals, that is caused by the fact they only feed from animal blood.
No one knows why they are most wanted dead, but it looks like it will not stop any moment soon.
They are recognizable by their remarkable yellow/golden eyes and kind attitude towards the other species.'

He couldn't have attacked Danny. I jumped of the boy, looking at his clothes and hands. No blood, nor did he smell like that. The boy looked shocked at me, not knowing what to expect. I turned around, quickly looking at Danny and eventually at the one dressed in black. 'You aren't going to kill him, my dear?'

'Why should I kill someone who did nothing wrong?!' My voice changed from kindness to pure violence. A smile was on my face, now knowing who killed my friend. 'What a pity, I thought this would be an easy one to kill.' The skinny hand from the witch was showed once more, now taking of the cloak. My smile was removed as quickly as it came.

Dark long hair falling to the ground, eyes as red as bloody gemstones, face as skinny as a walking skeleton, with a grin who seems never have left her face. 'I guess I have to kill you myself.' The wind blew against me, throwing me against a tree. My eyes left the woman as I heard gasping at my side.

The vampire boy struggled with his hands grabbing to nothing but air. An invisible power held him up in the air, his legs kicking to all possible ways. He is going to die, even though he is dead already. He doesn't have a beating heart.

A chuckle came out of my mouth, eventually making me laugh like a mad person. 'What is so funny?' The woman asked with a bit of confusion in her voice. 'Shall the one whose heart is beating, fight for the one with an heart who can not.' The sentence rolled out of my mouth, like an easy remembered melody.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw a big shadow attack the woman, its mouth directed at the witch's head. In a blink, the body of the skeleton skinned woman fell to the ground. Her head rolled over the ground as the shadow had let it go. At the same moment, the vampire next to me lay on the ground. Not moving.

With the air back in my lungs, I crawled to the not moving vampire. 'Please answer if you are still alive...' My hands almost touched his skin, but two strong hands held me back. My eyes traveled from the hands to the person who stood behind me. Danny. A few spots with fur disappeared while the wolf features in his face changed back to human. 'You are alive?!'

I turned around, looking where Danny was laying dead. Nothing was there, not even a pool of blood. 'An illusion?' I looked back at him as he slowly nodded with a smile but it faded away as he looked behind me. I follow his eyes, ending up by staring at the dead body. 'I guess the message in the book never assured that the one with the non beating heart would survive.'