Another

“Jack.” I whispered as I looked at him instead of the window. “Look over there….” I said between my teeth.
            “What?”
            “The window.” I sneered. He slowly turned his head to see the black figure at the window. He squinted to get a better look, then jumped off of the bed.
            “Jack-“
            “It’s okay Els,” Jack assured me as he moved to the door. I glanced at the window, but the black figure moved in a blur. It was flying around towards the balcony Jack flew off of. Before I realized, Jack was already out my door staff in hand. I followed him down the hall and towards the balcony. He was already in front of the balcony doors.
            “It can’t be…” he gasped as a small grin began to creep on his face.
            “Is it Pitch?” I cautioned. Jack shook his head.
            “Definitely not Pitch.” He clarified as he opened the doors. “Come on.” He held his hand out. I placed my palm in his and he led me outside to see who was on my balcony.
            Whoever it was, they were standing with their back facing us. They wore all black; black knee high boots, black fish net gloves… black dress? Their dark clothing only emphasized their snow white wings, but they were covered by a curtain of long wavy, brown hair that was up to her waist. They were… a girl?
            “North sent you?” Jack asked as he leaned on his staff with my hand still in his.
            “Why else would I be here?” she asked as she turned around. The sun shined down on her face, and all I could say was that she looked like a god damned angel with her perfect tan skin and violet eyes. As beautiful as she was, she looked vicious and strong with her black bow in her hand. I think it would make me feel better is I didn’t stand close to her.
            “And it’s not like you needed me anyway.” She interrupted my thoughts. I moved closer to jack and squeezed his hand, using his as a shield if she were to do something.
            “Elsa, this is another guardian who’ll be with us. Meet Cupid.” Jack introduced.
            “I always though Cupid was a man in a diaper.”
            “Hey now… well kinda. We have a system like the toothfairy. There are a bunch of us like the many toothfairies… and the one time one of us had a small mishap, they just had to be seen…” she explained.
            “So… you’re one of the many cupids?” I asked.
            “Yeppers. And I’m more of the big man’s right hand. So don’t call me by my boss’ name, even though it’s technically my name. Just call me Cue.” She responded.
            “But why you of all guardians?” Jack teased. “You’re not even a guardian.”
            “No, I’m not part of the Big Five unlike you. And rather than Cupid actually coming here, he sent me.” Cue responded. “Anyway hi!” she greeted as she practically jumped on Jack. He let go of my hand to hold her in an embrace. I didn’t think too much of it, but I didn’t like the way he stroked her back as she held him tighter. I could tell they had a long chemistry; like a very long story that was untold.
            “Do you know if anyone else is coming? Or is it just you?” Jack asked as they broke apart.
            “I would like to say that someone else is coming, but I’m just not sure.” She answered. Jack nodded in understanding.
            “Let’s just hope another comes to help us.” He said. Cue began to nibble her lower lip as she looked at Jack.
            “Oh, I’m sorry. Should we go inside?” I interrupted just as Cue was about to touch Jack again.
            “Oh, yeah. We should.” Jack agreed. “I have to catch you up on things that Sandy told me, and the perimeters of the land.” He took her hand and led her in the castle. Okay am I being absolutely ridiculous? Or did I have a right to have anger boil in my veins?
            “Actually is there a place I could rest up?” Cue asked. “The travel took quite a toll on me.”
            “Absolutely.” I replied. “We have several rooms for you to choose from.”
            “Thank you so much.” She said. “You’re too kind.”
            “How long was your journey?” Jack asked.
            “A few days. The big man sent me on a few missions before he ordered me to come here. He didn’t even let me rest after my weeks of training newbies and shooting evil dictators to stop wars.” Cue explained. “So if I rest, don’t be surprised if I pass out for a few days.” She said the last part to me specifically.
            “Well, I can’t imagine how exhausted you must be.” I kidded. I led her to the first spare room I could find. “This one’s yours. My room is just around the corner.” Cue walked in and looked around.
            “Thank you. Reminds me of my room back in Cupid’s palace, but less windows.” She described as she began to remove her armour. I watched and took note of how much she had, which was a surprising amount. She set her bow and quiver on the wall beside her bed. She then began to remove all of her shoulder, knee and elbow guards that were on her body. I realized then that majority of Cue’s clothing was black. The only exceptions were her plaid knee high skirt, and silver bands on her biceps.
            “Um… why do you wear all black?” I asked as Jack wrapped an arm around my waist. I flinched a little when I felt him squeeze my hip, Cue giggled.
            “How would you feel if everyone wore the same thing as you for hundreds of years? We’re supposed to wear all white; the girls wear goddess like dresses, and the men wore white pants. Despite the fact that they were bare chested and gorgeous, it’s boring to see everyone wear the same thing’ I just wanted to be different. I’m that one person you can spot in a crowd of people.” She explained as she took her long sleeve top off. She was now bare foot, in her grey plaid skirt, black tank top and fishnet gloves. Now I really saw her. She was like a model that does archery for a living. I felt insecure just being in the same room as her I glanced at Jack; he was looking at her but wasn’t even fazed by her. Cue smirked as she crossed her arms.
            “We should leave you be.” Jack broke the short silence. Cue nodded.
            “If I’m not awake in a few days, then something’s wrong.” She said as she sat on the bed. I nodded.
            “Just call out if you need anything.” I said as I went to shut the door.
            “Thank you for everything.” She called before the door shut. Jack began to chuckle once the door was closed.
            “Her of all choices?” Jack said to himself as we made our way back to my room.”
            “Is there something wrong with her?” I asked.
            “No, not at all. It’s just I had someone else in mind. Maybe Sandy.” He explained.
            “Maybe North chose her because you tow seem… close.” I muttered, Jack stopped walking.
            “Hey now, what are you talking about?” he asked looking me in the eye.
            “You guys were really... touchy.” I murmured. Jack looked at me in a teasing matter.
            “Are you jealous of Cue?” he asked. I looked down and I think that was enough of an answer.
            “Elsa, you have nothing to be jealous of.” Jack assured me. “Cue and I are just really good friends and nothing more. I promise you.” I just nodded my head and looked in his eyes.
            “Okay. I trust you Jack.” I stated. I went on my toes and gave him a quick kiss on his soft lips. As I went down, he followed to continue the kiss. His action made my head spin and my body relax. When we broke apart, he left me in a small daze.
            “How do you do that?” I struggled to let out. Jack sighed and scooped me up in his arms.
            “Jack-“ I protested, but he cut me off with a kiss.
            “No.” he simply said against my lips as he kicked my door open. He walked in and closed the door with his foot. He didn’t put me down there, oh no. Jack carried me to my bed. He laid me down gently, and crawled in right beside me. Despite the large amount of space we had on the bed, I snuggled in closer to Jack. One of his hands was used to hold his head; the other to stroke my cheek. Both of my arms were bent in between us and my hands rested on the cloth of his sweater in front of his chest. We were so close that I could feel his breath everytime he exhaled.
            “Why are you doing this?” I whispered with my eyes closed.
            “I just needed to do this before I leave again.” He answered with his cool breath touching my face. I opened my eyes to look at him.
            “You’re leaving again?”
            “I’m sorry. North told me that once the other guardian arrived, I have to go back to take care for some other things.” He explained.
            “But she’s sleeping.”
            “She was kidding when she said days. Really it just means a few hours. We don’t sleep much and we can stay up for a long time.” He explained. I nodded in understanding.
            “When do you leave?”
            “Tonight.” He sighed. “I really don’t want to, and hopefully I’ll be back soon.”
            “Hopefully.” I agreed. I snuggled into his body more, and he held me closer.
            “You can sleep for a bit. I’ll protect you.” Jack said. He began rubbing circles on my back as I shut my eyes. He hummed a lullaby to help me drift. I relaxed and clung to his body. I was okay. I was safe. I fell asleep in the arms of my guardian… 

HEYYYYYY!!!! I'm soo sorrryyy for not posting in awhile. I was planning to post last night, but i had THREE test today and i just feel drained. however i love you guys so much i forced myself to update today ;) Thank you so much if you read this far, i love you forever! Everything's about to happen, so don't leave stay with me! I apologize for any grammar mistakes because i'mm honestly so god damn tired right now. Tell me how i did or if you liked this chapter... or any thoughts on Cue. And as for the people who want the smut.... soon. that's all i'm going to say ;) I Love You All!!!! Happy Reading ;)