Talks

“Elsa? Are you feeling okay?” Anna asked me for the hundredth time.
            “Yes Anna. I’m fine.” I replied. “Why do you keep asking me?”
            “Because you’re not talking, you’re just pushing your food around, and you keep smiling when you look at your hand.” Anna observed.
            “Well I’m sorry if I woke up in a good mood.” I giggled.
            “Thinking about Julian?” Anna squealed. I sighed.
            “No Anna. And can you stop telling people that he’s my boyfriend? Because he’s not.” I stated.
            “In my defense I only told Olaf… and Kristoff… and a few other people.” Anna muttered.
            “Anna!” I fumed.
            “I’m sorry!” Anna apologized “It just looked like things were going so well between you two.”
            “Well they were going okay, but he’s not my boyfriend!” I exclaimed.
            “Okay, okay.” Anna said as she raised her hands to surrender. I sighed.
            “And I don’t plan on getting one soon.” I added.
            “Elsa…” Anna started, but she didn’t finish. She didn’t know what to say. I just decided to change the subject.
            “Did you have fun last night?” I asked. We conversed about the party for a bit. She told me all about the Dukes and Lords. Most of them were old men, others were apparently very cute; her words not mine. Anna then told me a few of them requested to meet with me.
            “Did they give you a specific date? Do you remember who asked?” I asked.
            “I know who asked, they just didn’t give a specific date.” She replied.
            “Alright.” I said wiping my mouth. “Just write a list of who requested a meeting and send it down to me. I have to organize some other things.”
            “Are you seriously going to do work?” Anna asked as I got up.
            “It’s not like I’d like it.” I replied. “I’ll be in the study if you need anything.”
            “Okay, I’m going out with Kristoff today anyway.”
            “Could you take Olaf too?” I requested. “I think he’s bored.”
            “Sure.” She nodded. I said my farewell and walked to the study. As I made my way, I realized it was getting colder the closer I got to the study. I touched the door handle and I nearly gasped because it was ice cold.
            “Please no…” I pleaded as I opened the door. The sight I saw was what I didn’t need right now. Jack was sitting at my desk with his feet up. He was reading the Jack Frost fairy-tale that I left there the night before. He was smiling to himself as he turned the pages… Oh yeah, and it was also snowing in the room. Plus there was frost covering the windows and all the wooden surfaces in the room.
            “These writers seriously need to know how I really am. Like this is ridiculous. I’m not an elf!” he chuckled to himself as he turned the page.
            “Why are you here?” I groaned as I shut the door.
            “I said I would be here later didn’t i? Well right now is later.” He explained as he looked up from the book.
            “And the snow? Could you explain that to me?” I asked making my way to the desk.
            “Sorry, sometimes my power is controlled by my mood.” He admitted. “I’m pretty happy and amused right now, so it started snowing.”
            “That’s like me too. But when I love something the ice usually thaws out.” I explained to him. Jack set the book down and got up from the chair.
            “Tell me what you have to do in here again.” Jack requested.
            “Why do you-?”
            “Just tell me.” He cut me off.
            “Um… organize trades, treaties and write letters to the Kings and Queens of other countries.” I responded as I walked behind the desk. I was going to sit down, but Jack stopped me.
            “My lord that’s boring. What would you rather be doing?” he asked as he tilted his head to the side.
            “I don’t know. Maybe skate around, have a snowball fight, build a snowman, maybe even go on a sled ride.” I admitted. I set my papers out on the desk. I began sorting through them, but Jack kept switching the piles around and moving the papers I really needed.
            “Jack!” I fumed. “I need to do this.”
            What happened to you Elsa? You used to be so free spirited. You would even be excited when your sister would ask you to play, and nobody is excited to play with their sibling.” Jack pointed out and he kept messing up my papers.
            “I became Queen. My parents shut me out from the world since I was 7.” I countered.
            “Don’t you ever wish you had your old spirit back?” He asked. I already knew the answer to that. I’ve thought about that ever since I became the Queen.
            “Yes.” I admitted. Then Jack did something I didn’t expect to happen. He took my hand and led me to the door.
            “Let’s go.”

BAMMM!!! Heyyy guys!! Sorry bout that teeny cliffhanger, but yeah i have some tings planned for the next chapter. If you're still reading this story, i love you! I know there are some people that already dropped out and gave up, so props to you if you're still with me. Feedback is always appreciated cause it helps me mature and improve. So yeah.... I Love You All!!! Happy Reading ;)