Hands Tied

Now I don't need my hands to feel the things I feel inside
Cause I know what's inside my heart is right
They don't have to hold you like that
They don't have to touch you like that
Cause you know the truth is that
I can love you with one hand tied behind my back
-Toni Braxton

°

Camila°

After hitting snooze once again, I dragged myself out of bed. It felt wonderful to just sleep in a little. I sat on the edge of the bed, stretching my back and collecting myself.

It took almost everything in me to get into the shower. I desperately needed to wash my hair but the way my energy levels were set up, that wasn't happening.
After my shower, I plopped down at my vanity table and stared at my almost two week old wash and go, the struggle was real.
Once I settled on what I wanted to do to my head, I grabbed my spray bottled that was mixed with half water, half aloe vera juice and went to work. This mixture alone will bring any dead and dried curls back to life.

After my hair was wet enough to my liking, I went ahead and grabbed my clips, separating  my hair into two; a top and bottom half. Spraying a little olive oil and JBCO mixture into my hands, I coated the bottom half of my hair to protect it from the gel I was going to apply, then added some of Shea Moisture's curling smoothie to help hold the gel because I knew I would probably wear this style for more than a day or two.
These products were bae whenever I wanted to do a slick ponytail look.
I first detangled with my fingers and wide tooth comb carefully, then I really got into my kinks with my denman brush, my other baby. Once fully detangled I put some eco styler gel, argan oil of course and brushed my bottom half into a ponytail and went to the top of my head, splitting it into two pieces and repeating the same steps.

Slipping on my silk scarf, I checked the time and proceeded to lotion up a little and get dressed.
"You ready Lay?" I talked to my baby as I gathered my things, I was short on time so I couldn't make a smoothie like I usually do.
Removing my scarf, I tossed it on the counter and headed towards the front door.
"Oh boy..." I said to myself.
As I finished locking the door I stared at August who was in my driveway, knocked out in his car.
Couldn't avoid him because he had me blocked in, so I had no other choice than to wake him up.
Tapping on the window softly August jumped.
He rubbed his eyes and ran his hand down his face, trying to wake up I guess.

I took a step back as he slowly got out of his Range.
There was silence for a moment as we both looked around, waiting for the other to speak first.
"I got you some breakfast...might be a lil cold but..."
My eyebrows raised, only God knows how hungry I was.
"I hope you don't mind me being here.....I just didn't want to cause any problems so I waited out here for ya instead."

I didn't say anything but nodded instead.
Crossing my arms over my belly.
I studied August carefully, unsure about his motives.
He looked around for a moment then back at me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.
I already knew he wanted something but was too nervous and trying to gather his words.

"Uhh, do you mind me coming to ya doctor appointment?"
My face nearly dropped to the ground.

We hadn't spoken in almost two months and here he was, remembering my doctors appointment.

I cleared my throat.
"No... I don't mind."

A slight smiled appeared across his face.
"You wanna ride with me?" He offered.

"No thanks, I'll drive myself but I will take that breakfast from you."
He laughed and handed me the bag.

I looked in my rear view mirror at August as he put on his seatbelt and started his car, putting it into reverse.
I don't know what he did while he was away but he looked really good.
-
"Ding Dong." August whispered excitedly as he stared at the screen.

Baby Lay was growing so big, my due date was approaching faster than I thought.
I was beyond nervous to be a mother but it was no turning back now.

We watched as she sucked her thumb, refusing to move for us, stubborn little thing.
Just listening to her strong heart beat made my own heart melt each and every time. I was almost becoming impatient to have her in my arms now.

After running a few test and getting my papers, my appointment was over.
I kicked at a few rocks as Aug and I stood outside of my car, another uncomfortable silence between us.
It was a little chilly today but the sun still somehow managed to come.

"Can't believe how fast time moving, remember like yesterday when we found out, now you only two months shy of her arriving."
I looked up, he was smiling and that made me smile too.
"I know...."
He cleared his throat and I watched as he stuffed his hands in his pockets again, swaying back and forth.

"Thank you for letting me come, it means a lot."
"You're welcome."
"Uhhh, I just wanna apologize fa my actions... I ain't mean for tha---."
I quickly put my finger over his lips as I blinked rapidly, trying to hold back my emotions.  This topic was still like a fresh wound.
I watched as he grabbed my hand, kissed and caressed it softly; I believed he understood.

"I don't know when is the right time, but I would like for us to get together, take ya time but we need to talk." He spoke while looking directly into my eyes.

"I'll let you know." I whispered.
We said our goodbyes.
August watched to make sure baby Lay and I were in the car safely before he headed to his.

I started my own car but didn't move.... I laid my head on my steering wheel and closed my eyes.
It was time to be a big girl for real this time, a woman this time around.

*I hate making my readers wait a long time for updates, but some of you guys have to understand that I do have a life outside of Wattpad too.
I'm updating as much as I can, bear with me and thanks for being patient. I WILL finish this book, I promise.
Oh and I lowkey just gave yal a quick sleek ponytail tutorial, you don't always need YouTube folks.😆😘