Chapter 19 (part 1)

Chapter 19 (part 1)

With a gentle grip on my hand Jex led me into his... our, bedroom, the light from the hallway casting a dim glow in the otherwise darkness of the room. My head was a heavy weight on my shoulders but I was eager to know what Jex seemed to be so worried about, whatever it was seemed to be making him agitated, and that in itself was making me agitated. Jex slowly pushed the door shut with a click, and the silence that followed was nearly unbearable. Having enough of it, I stepped into Jex’s view and put my hand on his cheek. His stubble was rough against my palm, skin hot.

“What’s wrong? Please tell me what’s bothering you. Is it Marcus?” I enquired, trying to meet his wandering eyes. 

He hesitated. “You know what? This can wait, you’re tired and you’ve been drinking.”

“Wait, wait wait wait. If there’s something you have to say please say it.” I pushed, wanting to ease the crease line forming on his forehead. He studied the floor for several deafening seconds, until he finally decided to look at me. He hesitated for a second before smiling, “You know what? It’s really not important. At all. It can wait, honestly.” I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and let out a slight laugh. 

“Ok. Are you sure? Because if you ever want to tell me anything, you can. You know that right?” 

“Of course, beautiful. I didn’t mean to worry you.” He bent down and kissed my forehead, the gesture making my heart melt. 

“Ok... I trust you... Just promise me you’ll be honest with me. Always.” I whispered, looking at him through my lashes, my heart on my sleeve. “Because that’s all i’ll ever ask of you. Just to be honest with me.” I knew there was something he needed to say, and I still had no idea what him and the guys had resolved about what had happened with Marcus earlier. But for now I was going to let it go. It had been a long night, and if Jex thought I should know, he would tell me... I hoped.

His smile faltered, and his eyes grew serious. Through the heavy pounding of my heart I nearly missed what he said next. 

“I promise.” He murmured, and sealed the words with a kiss.

Padding my way downstairs the next morning, I heard an all too familiar voice. Oh crap... Josie and Kyle! Sprinting the rest of the way to the kitchen I almost flipped at seeing her in her pajama shorts and tank top. Her eyes widened the moment she saw me and I took that moment to punch her in the arm. 

“Josie, you didn’t did you?” I asked in horror, hoping that she would get rid of any ideas I had of her and Kyle mating.

She frowned. “Of course I didn’t! What do you think I am, a slut?” 

“Um, yes?” I replied obviously.

“Oh yeah...” She trailed off smiling slightly. Suddenly I felt a thud on my shoulder.

“Ow.” I moaned rubbing the spot that she had just attacked.

“Well what are you doing here Nina? You didn’t tell me about any of this!” Josie complained looking offended. A feeling of guilt washed over me and I looked at her apologetically. 

“I’m sorry Jose, I really am. It’s not like you would have believed me anyway.” I proposed.

She shrugged dismissively and smiled at me sideways. “Yeah probably not.”

Quickly, I pulled her into a hug and squeezed her tightly.

“I’m so happy that you found someone though Jose, even if it is...Kyle,” I giggled grimacing at the same time, at which she shoved me in response.

“What was that Nina?” I jumped at the sound of Kyle’s voice, who now had his arms wrapped around Josie’s waist.

“Ew no! No heavy petting around the innocent!” I groaned, desperately covering my eyes with my hands. Suddenly, warm hands clasped my waist, pulling me into their accomodating chest and I giggled in surprise. 

“Innocent? Please.” I could almost hear Jex’s smirk, and I elbowed him playfully, struggling out of his grasp.

 “Actually yes. I plan on making you wait atleast... three years shall we say? Or is that making me seem too easy...” I pondered, tapping my finger against my chin. Oh how I enjoyed starting my day by winding him up. Poor thing. His eyes widened and he looked like someone had just ran over his cat. 

“Only three years? Come on Nina. Make him work for it! Gosh.” Josie gasped, and I loved her for playing along. Jex just made it too easy. I smothered my laugh with a cough and sighed. 

“I guess you’re right Jose... Damn. I’m gonna end up dying a virgin.” At this point Jex looked like he was about to explode, but the convosation was abruptly brought to a halt when rustling approached the kitchen door way. Ian walked in hauling behind him two half full bin bags, an expectant glint in his eyes. 

“One.” He tossed one bag to Kyle. “Two.”  And the other to Jex, before turning and strolling casually out of the kitchen, gone just as quickly as he came.

“Ha ha! Suckers.” I chanted, sticking my tongue out at a pouting Jex who now had to go and clean up the tragic mess from last night.

“Oh and Nina?” Ian stuck his head back around the corner, his mouth tilted warmly. “Make him wait atleast 5 years.” He chuckled and then he was gone, and I was left standing agape, my cheeks literally on fire. 

“Ha ha!” Kyle bragged, clearly finding joy in my embarrassment. 

“Shut up, ass.” I retorted, and pushed him and Jex out of the kitchen to go and clean up the rest of the party aftermath. They left grudgingly, but as soon as they were gone, I smiled and spun to face Josie. 

“You, me and those clowns,” I pointed to the general direction of where Jex and Kyle had gone, “are going out tonight.”

“Hell yeah! i’ve always wanted to go on a double date with my best friend!” She clapped, excitement written all over her face. I reached into the fridge to grab some milk and began to pour it on my cereal. 

“Err, Josie I love you, but not like that...”

“Shut up, you know what I mean.” She rolled her eyes, taking a generous bite of her toast. I was secretly shocked at how well she was taking everything. God knows she’s taking it a hell of a lot better than I did. Twenty four hours a go she didn’t even know werewolves existed, and now here we were. Eating breakfast, arranging a double date with two sexy as hell mates whom she barely knew.

“Do I?” I winked, and then looked into my bowl thoughtfully. Maybe I should ask her for some tips for handling the impossible. 

A/N: Hey guys!! I’ve tried to finish this chapter tonight, but I’m thinking it would be better in two parts, as it’s quite long. I hope you enjoy it, and you can expect the next part in the morning :D

 Thankyou for being so patient, i’ve been annoyingly slow in updating I know. X_X