Chapter 4

Chapter 4

So many questions ran through my mind as I stared at Jex, but the one that stood out the most was, how the heck did he find me here?

It’s weird, I feel completely at ease in his presence like it’s the easiest place to be on earth, yet this only makes me feel more uncomfortable. I mean, this is creepy, right?

Should I get in the truck? Is he here to rescue me? Why does he look so angry?

This whole situation is just confusing. 

“Get in.” His voice was dangerously low and his eyes were dark with anger.

Wait, why is he angry? He doesn’t have to help me.

“Um, i’m not sure if I should... Maybe I should just wait for someone else, it’s ok!” I said dismissively, preferring not to inconvenience him. 

“Get. In. The. Car.” He said each word slowly, an undertone of a threat behind his words. 

Who does he think he is, ordering me around? No matter how much I love the idea of being close to him, ordering me to do things is just going to make me not want to do them.

“Look, I don’t know you very well, we’re both in the woods, alone, in the middle of the night, and for all I know you could be a murderer. I’d rather not take the risk.” I placed my hands on my hips to emphasize my point.

He stared at me for a few moments and then started forward, his tall frame heading straight for me. He must be atleast over six foot.

“What are you-” I started but was immediately silenced when he grabbed me around the waist and threw me over his shoulder. He lifted me as if I weighed nothing at all!

“What the hell?!” I screeched, hitting him repeatedly on the back, while trying to ignore the shiver of pleasure I got when he touched me. I could feel his taut muscles flexing around my body and this was doing weird things to me.

 “Put me down!” I ordered but he just ignored me, skillfully opening the passenger door to his jeep and chucking me on the passenger seat before climbing into the drivers side. 

I sat up and looked up at his smug face.

“Because that wasn’t creepy at all!” I yelled, annoyed at how he thought man-handling me was ok. Although the warmth provided inside his car was a huge relief to the chill outside.

“You were being stupid and stubborn.” He retorted, starting the car and speeding down the road. I gripped on tightly to the door handle seriously fearing for my safety, because i’m almost positive he’s doing double the speed limit.

“Oh, okay, so if a strange man asks me to get in his van, you think I should just say ‘yeah sure, why not’?” I asked, and I couldn’t have sounded any more sarcastic if I tried. 

He shot me a look of both annoyance and anger, his jaw clenched.

“You most certainly will not!” He grinded out, staring intently out at the road.

“Oh, but it’s ok with you?” I asked quizzically, raising an eye-brow.

“That’s because you’re mine.” He growled, his grip tightening on the steering wheel and the car went even faster.

I’m going to die, I just know it. Stop angering the driver Nina!

“What?” I’m his? Since when did that happen?! And why does this appeal to me so much? This sexy man is messing with my mind! Jex gave me a sidewards glance as if reading my mind, and threw me a wink that went straight to me toes. Don’t drool, Nina, I begged myself, but it shouldn’t be legal let alone possible, for someone to be this attractive.