Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Dedicated to LoveInfinityForever because she knew the characters so well ;)

 I stared back at my reflection and couldn’t help the wide smile that spread across my lips.

Oh yeah, I’d do me.

“Rosie... I think I love you.” I told her honestly.

I was answered by her slightly manly laugh and she stood next to me - looking just as good if I had to say. “Aw I love you too! but don’t tell Jex because he’d probably get jealous, the control freak.” She frowned slightly but I just beamed at her, running my hands down my black floor length dress. She seriously knew what she was doing. I was wearing a black, short sleeved cocktail dress with a lacy back, and it clung to my figure making me look like I had curves. Even I admit that I looked good. My hair was done up in a ponytail, glossed and straightened to perfection.

Rosie cleaned up just as good also, in her red halter neck dress, and the fact we were so dressed up made my hands clam up.

This family sure do throw some fancy parties.

“Are you girls ready up there?” I shivered from the sound of Jex’s voice echoing up the stairs and I snapped my head to the door, trying to ignore the urge to run to him.

“Just about!” Rosie shouted back and sprayed some perfume that smelled like lavender and mint before walking into the mist. “Wan’t a spray?” She offered and I opened my arms at my sides giving her access to spray me with it. 

“Thanks.” I smiled at her shyly, seriously feeling the nerves kicking in.

“Don’t be nervous, if anyone doesn’t like you then Jex will kill them.” 

I looked at Rosie in horror, but she didn’t even look like she was joking.

“Thank you, I’m not nervous at all now.” I said but she just shrugged and headed towards the door, not getting my sarcasm whatsoever.

Before she opened the door she turned to me and looked at me tenderly.

“ “Prince charming” is waiting for you so I will see you in there Nina. And don’t worry, you look beautiful. Everyone will love you.”

Before she had a chance to turn back around I pulled her into a hug and squeezed her lightly. “Thank you for helping me Rosie. I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here.”

Her arms wrapped around my shoulders, hugging me back and I felt a small shudder come from her body.

“You don’t know how happy I am for you and my brother. I’m so glad that he’s finally found someone.” Her words were slightly muffled, giving her away, and I pulled back before we could destroy our make-up. 

“Don’t cry! You’ll ruin your masterpiece.” I stated firmly and she nodded in agreement.

“See you in a bit.” She waved and opened the door, hurrying off to where the party was. 

I breathed out a huge breath and faced the floor length mirror, taking in my reflection one more time.

Damn, I’m nervous. Why do they have to throw me a party? Why can’t I just meet everyone in my own time? It would be so much easier. And less awkward. But then again, I know that tonight means a lot to Jex, so I’ll just have to suck it up and smile.

 With one last look, I plastered on the biggest smile I could, and left the sanctuary of the room. My heart was pounding as I heard the distant chatter of guests and clinking of glasses. The atmosphere was fairly familiar, reminding me of the first time I ever came here. Aaah good times. If only Josie were here now too. Just as I thought I would pass out from nerves, Jex’s back came into view, and even from the bottom of the stairs I could see how agitated he was. His hair seemed darker and was artfully ruffled to perfection. His taut back muscles stretched deliciously under his tuxedo as he lifted his arm to look at his watch. Just upon looking at him, all of my worries disappeared, and every doubt I had from this evening was wiped away the moment his eyes met mine. From the top of the stairs I could see the way his eyes darkened, openly roaming my body. I swelled with glee just knowing I was the one to bring out his reaction. His jaw dropped shamelessly, following each step I took down the stairs. Just as I reached him, I wrapped my hand around his and kissed him on the cheek. He hadn’t moved at all.