Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(This chapter is dedicated to HollyHarmon-Giles for her message! Thankyou so much <3)

“So...” I mumbled quietly looking longingly at my bedroom door. You know those moments where you’re with a group of people and you have absolutely nothing to say, so it’s like double the amount of awkwardness than there is with just one person? Yeah... I’m there right now. 

I looked up at Jex who was still making a point of having the longest staring competition ever with Marcus, who occasionally flicked his glance at me. Luckily my dad was in the same place as I was, just looking around uncomfortably.

“Well then,” Marcus got up from the table, making a point to take as long as he could to stand up. Atleast he finally noticed he wasn’t wanted here! Beside my dad anyway.

Unfortunately, to make matters worse, Marcus did the worse thing he could have done in that situation... He winked at me. 

Jex had Marcus up against the wall by his throat, so fast I nearly screamed in surprise.

“Don’t you fucking dare look at her like that! She is mine you filthy bastard!” Jex was seething and I knew I had to do something. My dad was just as shocked as I was at Jex’s outburst but I caught on faster than he did. Marcus seriously needed to leave.

I quickly put my arms around Jex’s free arm and tugged it slightly. Almost instantly I noticed the tension leave his shoulders and his hand had stopped shaking which was a good sign.

“Jex calm down.” My dad decided to speak then and he stepped in between the two of them, pushing them apart. Jex released his grip on Marcus, who was looking a little too pleased with himself after just being attack.

I was still in a state of shock at Jex’s reaction. Why the hell did he lash out like that? He knows I would never leave him, even if it were possible for me too, I wouldn’t never do that.

“It’s okay, wouldn’t be the first time i’ve been against a wall because of a chick.” Marcus just had to say that.

Yep, he’s not gonna live much longer.

Before Jex could lunge for him again my dad glared at Marcus. “Marcus you should go, we’ll discuss more of the ‘situation‘ later, okay?” 

I did not like the way my dad said the word ‘situation’. 

“Certainly.” Marcus replied giving the most fake smile i’d ever seen, and headed for the door, but not before sending another look my way. I could just hear the slight growl coming from Jex who was now pulling me against him like I was his life line. 

“I hate that guy,” Jex grumbled, wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me against him. 

When my dad had disappeared behind the door, Jex didn’t waste any time. He spun me around in his arms and captured my mouth with his, pushing his tongue past my lips instantly. The fire that spread through my body consumed me and I was almost embarrassed by the moan that escaped me. All too soon though, he pulled away leaving me breathless. Just in time too as my dad walked back into the room.

That could have been awkward.

So what can I do for you two love birds, then?” My dad sat down and leaned back in his chair as if he knew what was coming.

Aha! Just wait for it dad!

“Sir,” Jex started and I winced, waiting for my dads reaction at what was coming.

“I love your daughter more than you will ever know,” He continued and reached for my hand as if it were supporting his point. “And I would love it if you would allow me the honor of caring for her, in my own home.” The way Jex spoke made his request seem so much more reasonable than it actually was.

Aw, he has hope! So cute!

I looked at Jex sympathetically and patted his chest lovingly so he wouldn’t be so embarrassed when my dad crushed his little fantasy.

“It’s okay baby, I’ll still see you, just not at night time.” I tried to make Jex feel better, poor thing, it wasn’t his fault, it’s not like my dad knew about the whole mates-need-each other thing. 

“That’s fine by me, son.” My dad answered finally.

I hugged Jex lovingly “Don’t worry, when i-”

I froze mid-sentence when my dads words sunk in. 

He’s... okay with it!?

My Dad, the man who threatened every guy who ever spoke to me, is letting me move in with the guy who, not only has he only just met, but whom i’ve only known for 4 days. 

I walked over to where the man I thought my dad was sitting, and grabbed his face in my hands. I then tugged his cheeks and pulled them apart to get the demon out of his body.

“Who are you and what have you done with my dad!?” I asked in fear and disbelief. But it was mainly fear. 

Jex quickly pulled me away from my dad and wrapped his arms around me. “Nina, go and pack your bag, but don’t bring any clothes.”

I snapped my head to my dad expectantly but he was still sitting there, watching us with amusement.

Really?! Still nothing?!

How are you okay with this?!” I almost shouted at him. Something was definitely wrong here! 

“Look, I can see how much you love each other, and I’m hardly around, It won’t do any harm sweetheart.”

I couldn’t hear anymore. Fine, if he wants me to do this, then I will! He’ll come to his senses soon enough, and when he does, I’ll be prepared. Don’t get me wrong, I want to live with Jex just as much as he does, but my dad was acting way too cool about it.

I traipsed into my bedroom, packed my bag with all my essentials and then went back to Jex who was wearing the biggest smile i’d ever seen on his face. His happiness made my insides warm, but I was still cautious from my dads reaction. Turning, I sent one last fleeting look at my room. Oh the simplicity. The large window where I would see the stars beam down onto the edge of the forest would be missed.

Goodbye bed. I know, I know, it’s gonna be hard, but this separation is temporary! We will be together soon.

When we were in the car and driving away from my home, I finally realised my dad was actually going to let me go and an overwhelming wave of excitement crashed over me. 

Topped with an overdose of nerves.

What If I need to poo?! That’s going to be so off-putting!

Jex, are you sure you want me to move in with you? It’s quite... permanent.” I looked over to him who looked the picture of ease, driving with one hand and the other draped over the back of my seat, a slight smile on his face.

He flicked his eyes to mine and replied “I’ve never wanted anything more in my life.” The sincerity in his voice made my breathe hitch and I finally started to let myself enjoy the idea of living with him. 

Oh crap Josie is going to kill me! 

But it was too late to back out now. Even if I wanted to, as Jex pulled up outside his mansion in the woods, I knew I was home. This is what I wanted. Me and Jex.

... Plus his family of werewolves. 

~*~*~*~*

A/N: Yo! Thankyou so much for reading! Please vote and comment and stuff :P I'm sorry for the slow updates, i'm on holiday again, so i'm really busy. I'll try to make more time for you though! Thankyou for your patience <3

Jex on the side---> ;)