ME: Morning

c. 2017, Olan L. Smith

'I am a sea that's filled with one rain drop at a time. Reality is not immobile, for it grows inside me.' Thurman, is more than shocked; he is bedazzled as he reads the words. He knew what he wrote before going to bed, and it wasn't these words. This is better, it is positive, and the other was, well, negative. He reads the words again, he felt caught in a loop, and those are not his words, not at all. Where is he, and better yet who am I?  What happened to that positive fellow who is now replaced? Perhaps, he was disappearing molecule-by-molecule, and transferred to another reality in the multiverse. What is happening to the other me? He is becoming bogged down in the what reality? If this realm is the same as the one yesterday, then today is Tuesday the 21st of March 2017. He checks his watch and that is the case, so years did not pass in his sleep.

Thurman walks into his den and powers up his computer. The computer looks the same, but then he sees it, the change. The name of the computer is Lenava and not the familiar Lenovo he is so used to seeing. "What the fuck, he murmurs under his breath. He remembers an effect on the fringe of sanity that he had read about on the internet. It was a thing called the Mandela Effect (M.E.), where people are noticing changes in their reality; little changes, usually just words spelled differences, or phrases changed. In the Bible or movies, however, he dismissed most of them. Suddenly, he has a reason to be interested, things are fucked up, and what about that weird dream. What does that have to do with it, or does it have any meaning. He opens his Google Search to inquire.

Thurman types in a query, "M.E., define," into the search engine and receives millions of hits. Below Google asks, Do you mean M.D.E., Multi-dimensional Effect? Hmm. This is interesting and he enters another query, "Mandela Effect?" Google returns a brief biography at the top of the search. "Nelson R. Mandela," is former President of the United Coalition of South African States, and was born in 1918 in the former nation state of South Africa. As a leader of the anti-apartheid movement, from 1991 through 1997, it brought peace and unity to all southern nations of the continent of Africa, and is referred to worldwide as the Peace Maker, and he retired from the Presidency at the relative young age of 99, and this was in 2013." Thurman, continues to click through one site after another, and it is the same in all of them. Nelson Mandela is alive and well. However, he thinks for a few seconds longer, and comes to a conclusion, either I am still in a dream, or I am going wacko, and grabbing his cell phone calls his close friend, Debby.

"Hello? Debby? This is Thurman. Can you come over immediately? I need your help."

She replies, "Sure, Thrum." I will be right over. Are you feeling okay?"

"I am fine Debby, well at least physically. You will have to assess the mental part, he chuckles."

"Let me guess, are you Adonis or Thor this time. You know how I like role playing. I'll be over in a few." The phone reverts to his home page and then goes dark, and the call is over. Debby has been a longtime friend for over two decades. He thinks that perhaps the two of them will figure out what the hell is happening, but he is not prepared for what is to come.