Chapter 1

Hi, I'm Violet and I'm 16. My mother got diagnosed when I was 11 with cancer. It was just her and I living together for a while. My father got killed in a car accident when I was only 2. I don't remember a lot about him, but all the stories I heard from my mother, he was a pretty amazing guy.

When my mom knew that her time was going to be up, she remarried, scared to leave me alone in this cruel world. The guy she had around was nice when she was there, but when she wasn't around, he would always say mean things to me.

I wanted to so badly tell my mother all the things he said to me, but I thought it would go away. I didn't want to tell her and have her worrying about it and it affect her health more. I wanted to keep her alive as long as I can.

Once my mother passed away, it got worse. I was no longer to go anywhere or do anything. I had to go to school, and then straight home after. Sometimes, I would have to go days without eating. Yeah, the school served lunch, but you can't get lunch unless you have money in your account which I did not. I was only allowed to eat whenever he said I was allowed.

Then, it got to the point where he started to beat me. My life at my house was hell. I wanted to get out. It didn't even feel like home anymore. Pretty soon, he forced me to drop out of high school. I remember that day like it was yesterday...

*Flashback*

I was walking down the steps, ready to leave for school. When I got to the bottom of the steps, he was standing there, waiting for me. I swallowed loudly, "I am just going to school now, sir."

He snickered and smirked at me, "Good, and at the end of the school day, I want you to tell them that you're dropping out."

My heart fell to the bottom of my stomach as he said that. Why would he do this to me? The one thing my mother wanted me to do was graduate school, and make something of myself. I can't do that if he is forcing me to drop out. "B-but.." I started to stamper.

"No buts!" he yelled, "You're going to do it or you're going to get punished by me when you get home." He reached for the back of my head, grabbed my hair, and threw me down on the ground. "Do you understand me?" he shouted.

"Y-yes." I whimpered as I tried to hold back the tears. I got up and walked out the door for my last day at school.

*End Of Flashback*

That day was the worse day of my life. I felt like I have failed my mother. All she wanted was for me to graduate, and now, I can't even do that. Now, that I have told you a little bit about my life, it's time for me to go to bed hungry.

~~

A/N

Hey guys! This is my first book that I am writing! I know that the first chapter was a little short, but I promise you it will get better! Let me know how you like it so far.