Chapter Nine

Bitchy Demi

I groaned and looked around. Napansin ko yung mga ilang estudyante na pasimpleng tumitingin samin ni Demi.

Great!

Now, my life suddenly turned into a freaking show.

I looked at Natalie's direction and then back at Demi.

I let out an exasperated sigh and held up my hands in surrender.

Let's get this over with.

I looked straight into Demi's eyes. "Ok. What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

Against my better judgment, Demi just shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing, actually."

I lifted an eyebrow and waved my hand in front of her. "Then, if you don't mind, could you move a little to the right because if you didn't notice, you're blocking our way." I said, voice dripping with so much sarcasm.

Demi lifted her chin, defiantly and looked at me with feign thoughtfulness. "After I finished solving what Ade sees in you."

I scoffed and looked at her in disbelief. "Solving? Really?"

"Yes, Honey." Demi nodded her head tauntingly and started looking at me from head to toe. "Looking at you right now, hindi ko alam kung ano bang iniisip nya. I mean, Come on." She paused and waved her hand over her so-called face. "From dating me who's a total babe." She sneered at me and waved her hand in front of my face. "He ends up with you, who's a total slob."

A total babe?

What a load of crap.

I heard Natalie snorted in disbelief while I rolled my eyes.

Sa tingin ko pati si Natalie hindi makapaniwala sa kakapalan ng mukha ni Demi.

A chuckle escaped my lips. "Are you kidding me?" I asked her sarcastically and shook my head. "A total babe?" I scoffed. "You mean, dahil nakipaglaro ka sa buong basketball team, total babe kana?" I asked, slyly.

I saw her face turn red with rage and maybe, just maybe because of embarrassment?

But who Am I kidding?

Knowing Demi, wala sa vocabulary nito yung salitang "hiya"

"You bitch." Demi hissed.

"Aww, thank you, Honey." I replied using my sweetest voice, holding my chest in the most dramatic way possible and then looked back into her eyes, using my blank expression. "Now, stop blocking our way." I said stiffly and waved my hand in the air.

Demi pointed her finger at me. "Your so-called relationship will never last."

I looked at her incredulously. "Excuse me?"

Demi laughed sarcastically and stared at me in a bitchy way. "Piece of advice honey, make sure to hold him tight. Ade will slip away no matter what. It's just a matter of time."

I scoffed.

This woman is a total loser and a total bitch.

Paalis na sana to ng bigla ulit tong lumingon sakin. "Oh, and one more thing. You still remember your ex-best friend, right?

I raised my eyebrow.

Demi gave me a sly smile. "You remember Sofia, don't you?"

I didn't bother to answer her nonsense taunt.

I just stared at her, waiting for her to continue her pathetic assault.

"Didn't you know that your ex-best friend who stabbed your back dated Adien before she banged your ex-boyfriend?" Demi asked tauntingly.

I gaped and looked at her, dumbfounded.

That's not true, right?

I mean come on, Ade's better than that.

"You bitch-----" Natalie said but I cut her off by grabbing her hand and tugging her beside me.

I cleared my throat. "And you're telling me this because?"

Demi shrugged her shoulders and smirked at me. "I just want to warn you, after all we're still on the same squad." She replied.

"Don't tell me you believe that baloney?" I heard Natalie asked beside me but I didn't answer her nor take my eyes off Demi's face.

I just stared at Demi's face, fighting the urge to beat the crap out of her.

This bitch is gonna get it.

Konti nalang talaga.

"Oh well, looks like my work here is done." She said and winked at me bago kami iniwan ni Natalie na nakatingin ng masama dito.

Natalie tugged my arm, snapping me back to the reality. "Come on. She's obviously just making that up."

I stared at her.

"As far as I know, ikaw lang yung nag iisang niligawan ni Adien kaya obviously, ikaw lang yung naging girlfriend nito. Demi is just a jealous and envious bitch who can't mind her own damn business! Don't get her onto your pretty little head, Emz."

I sighed. "I'm not bothered in the slightest."

I'm not bothered, right? Pangungumbinsi ko nalang sa sarili ko.

"Ok.That's it. Let me murder her." Natalie hissed.

I snapped my head in Natalie's direction who's looking incredulously serious.

I can't help but laugh hysterically sa expression nito.

Tension's gone.

I stopped laughing and looked at her. "Oh God. What will I do without you, Natalie."

Natalie chuckled. "Come here, honey." Inakbayan ako nito. "Seriously, don't listen to her lies. If you're really bothered about it, talk to your boyfriend. Stop jumping to terrible conclusions. That's not a good way to start a relationship."

"I'm not making any." I said, defensively.

Natalie gave me the I don't believe you kind of look. "I know you, Embry. I'm your best friend. I know when you're lying." She reminded me.

I sighed and looked up at her, helplessly. "Because everything makes sense. Kung bakit nagbago si Ade ng ganon ganon lang. Maybe, ginagawa lang nya lahat ng to, to get back at her?"

Natalie flicked my forehead sa pagkabigla ko. "Really Embry?"

I pouted. "What?" Tanong ko dito habang hinihimas himas ko yung noo kong pinitik nito.

Natalie gave me a pointed look. "He declared his love for you in the most embarrassing and sweetest way ever tapos pinaghihinalaan mo pa yung tao?"

"But-----"

She cut me off. "Who would you believe? That woman who's a complete psychotic and a bitch? Or your boyfriend who I think, loves you so dearly?"

I heaved a deep sigh and pushed the dark thoughts out of my head. "You're right. To hell with that bitch." I cleared my throat and hugged her. "Thank you, Natalie."

"Anytime, honey." She answered, patting my back. "Come on. We're gonna be late sa cheer practice. Saka, we need to beat up someone pa."

I laughed. "You're the best best friend ever."

Natalie laughed and flicked her hair. "Of course." She said.

I chuckled.

And I have the best boyfriend ever. Right?

Ade won't hurt me.

I know.

Well, I hope.