4. first job

Previously: gray's pov.

''(Y/n)!" I yelled. I got up and walked over to where she was. But as I stood up, she suddenly got surrounded by lightning. She didn't scream or even show that she was hurt. I saw her shaking and knew she was about to fall. As I made my way to her, I saw bruises and cuts marking her body. She slowly closed her eyes and fell to the ground. Before she could feel the impact of the ground, my arms wrapped around her as I caught her right in time. I held her bridal-style as I sauntered to the guild. I felt my legs cry in pain, I was almost out of energie. I recovered a bit but I was still worn out by the fight. My vision blurred and I fell down on the ground, landing with my head on (y/n) her lap.

Natsu's pov.

We did it! Me and Gajeel defeated Laxus! We all went back to the guild because we were worn out. We were almost there when I saw 2 persons laying on the ground. I walked closer and... ''Gray? Y/n?...guys!??!'' I tried to wake them up but failed. I put Gray on my back and held y/n bridal style since all the others already left.

/timeskip to the guild by Happy's fish/

I entered the guild and dropped to the ground. Everyone noticed the 2 unconscious guild mates and me being tired by carrying them.
''Natsu what happened?" Erza asked.
''I found them unconscious in the city.'' I said.
Erza and Lucy brought them to Mira in the infirmary. After a while they came back.
''Gray was out of magic energy and y/n is still paralyzed." Mira told us.
''Paralyzed? She didn't fought Laxus so how?" Lucy and Erza asked us.
''She saved the whole town by destroying the thunder palace. One of Laxus' spells.'' I said.
''Alone? But she could've died.'' Erza yelled.
''But she didn't.'' Gramps said as I walked to the infirmary to see that she was awake.
"Are you okay?" I asked her.
She nodded and looked behind me and she was pretty mad. It was Laxus who came inside so he could talk to the master.

"Natsu, take y/n with you. I need some alone time with my grandson. She's good to go." Master said. I nodded and lead her out of the room to the bar.
"You want to go on a job?" I asked her.
She hesitated at first but nodded after.
"Sure, you take one." She said with a straight face.

I went to the request board and looked at the jobs:
'Vulcan attack'
'Monster attack'
'Reward 2 million jewels'
'Missing person'

'Wait! 2 million jewels!?'
"Found one!" I shouted while taking the one with the 2 million jewels reward.
"What does it say?" She asked.
I quickly read the paper.
"A town is threatened by some criminals and they kidnap girls." I told her. She nodded and said, "Meet me here in 30 minutes."
She left the guild. Probably packing here stuff. I called Happy and we went to our house to take our stuff.

/timeskip to 30 minutes into the future/

I saw y/n walking back into the guild with a small backpack and she looked around. I walked over to her and we said goodbye to the guild.
"So do we need to take the train?" I said looking sick by even mentioning it.
"I hate to say this, but yes. We will arrive in 3 hours. It'd be to dangerous if we walk." She said back.
"You don't like trains either?" I asked her.
"I have motion sickness." She answered.
"Hey guys wait up!!" Lucy yelled.
"You ain't going on a job without us!" Gray said.
"We are a team, if you like it or not." Erza said, pulling all of her stuff behind her.
"Ah, y/n. You're here too." Lucy said.
"Yes? Natsu asked me to go on a job with him." She said.
"Yep! She's part of our team now!" I said and put my arm around her shoulder.
"Wait, you never asked if I..." I interrupted her.
"You are!"

After the conversation we went on the train and me and y/n immediately went pale.
"Y/n? Are you okay?" Gray asked and sat next to her.
"Motion... Sick." She managed to say. Erza kicked her in the guts and she fainted. Gray laid her head on his lap and looked at Erza.
I did to but felt her iron armor in my stomach before everything went black.

/timeskip to the end of the train ride brought by Juvia's love rivals/

I woke up by Erza shaking my shoulders.
"What the hell, Erza!" I shouted.
"We arrived. We have a job to do." She casually said.
I saw Gray gently waking up y/n.
"Five more minutes." She grunted.
"No. Do I have to use my magic?" He teased her.
"No thanks!" She yelled and ran out of the train.

'She's so pretty.' I thought while getting off of the train.