Twenty-Seven

I started slowly to back out of the room as quietly as I could because now I was now feeling afraid. Isaac winked at me and then continued to feed from Charlie. My trainers squeaked when my foot touched the tiled floor in the hall way and the squeak made Charlie’s eyes fly open. All three of them were now looking right at me and as I looked at each of them they smiled back right at me; except for Charlie, he was not smiling in fact he looked livid.

Call Max; it was not the dog thinking it. I was thinking it.

"Are you going somewhere Rachael?" Charlie asked me.

I shook my head at him; I was scared. His eyes were now dark and red rimmed, his lips curled revealing his sharp pointed teeth and then he snarled at me with a snarl that almost made me stop breathing.

I felt like I was in definite danger; I am in danger and how the hell am I going to get out of here. I could not shift because I have never done it before and I supposed having stupid paws would not help me open the door anyway.

Isaac began to laugh at me, "I think we scared her. You are not frightened of us are you Rachael? We enjoy feeding from each other; we are vampires after all. "

I slowly reached for my phone, “I should go, it’s getting late.”

Charlie roughly pushed Isaac and Ellie from his side, Ellie looked hurt when he did it but he either did not care or did not notice and he began to slowly walk towards me with a menacing glare, "Rachael." He spat at me.

I gulped as he said my name, "yes" I whispered back.

"I asked you a question." He snarled as he took my phone from my hand. “I went to a lot of trouble to see you tonight and you try to embarrass me in front of family by, thinking of Max and trying to sneak out of the door. I’m vampire; did you think I wouldn’t hear you trying to leave? Do you not know I can hear your thoughts?” What are you trying to do; humiliate me?”

“No, no I wasn’t” I stammered trying to defend myself.

He was now standing right in front of me and he roughly grabbed me hard by my chin and squeezed. I involuntarily let out a small whimper as Charlie leaned right into my face. “I can wait I life time for you to answer me because my patience is beginning to wear thin. So where do you think you are sneaking off to Rachael?”

 Isaac started to chuckle; he seemed amused at my current discomfort but before I could answer we were all distracted by sudden loud banging on the front door.

"Jeremiah let me in; I know he is in there. I need to see him. Open the bloody door Fletcher."

Isaac shot past me towards the front door which was now beginning to shake as who ever was on the other side was now furiously hammering on it.

“It’s Abbott Carter, how does he know you are here?” Isaac remarked, to Charlie, as he looked through the spy hole on the door.

“Good news travels fast I suppose. Take Rachael into the kitchen while I speak to him.” Charlie ordered him, I noticed his personality was slowly changing and I did not like or trust what he was turning into.

I wanted to leave.

However I did not dare protest so I quietly followed Isaac and his sister into the kitchen. Isaac told me about Abbott that he was an old vampire but he was not the oldest that he knew and he also told me that he was bat crazy.

 I could see Charlie and the vampire named Abbott talking in the hall way. I watched them as they embraced. Charlie began to stroke Abbot’s hair and then he pressed Abbott’s head into his chest and cradled him, just like a father would do to his son.