Twelve

Charlie's expression then changed, "of course I don't, why ever would you think that?"

Don't be silly Rachael. You are being paranoid.

Are you?

“We always seem to start off on the wrong foot Rachael. Can we start over?”

I nodded.

“I overheard Jason’s friends talking and they said his life here was over. I assumed that he was dead and I came here for you; I wanted to comfort you. I am a man and a vampire so I am not very good with comforting words. Please don’t say I’ve upset you; when you’ve just recovered from your shock” He said to me with such a sorrowful look.

“I understand Charlie; it’s just been one hell of a day.”

Tell him to leave

I reached in my pocket and pulled out my herbs, emptied the contents of the bag into my mouth and began to chew; I was determined to keep the damn dog quiet while I was with Charlie.

He moved slowly closer to me until I could feel his cool breath on my neck and he began to rub his nose along my jaw line, inhaling deeply and drinking my scent. He feathered me with kisses right down to my neck and again began to scrape his teeth on my skin, I began to brace myself for his bite and I yelped when he did as it seemed as if each bite was becoming harder and deeper each time he fed.

I’ve read many books that describe either a feeling of euphoria or blinding pain if a vampire is feeding from you. Well; let me tell you it’s neither, it feels exactly like what it is. Teeth penetrating your skin, a cold mouth on your neck and then a sucking sensation and that’s it. I would not describe it as enjoyable, I would describe it as weird and when the teeth penetrate the skin it hurts and the sound of him swallowing really gets to me because I know it’s my blood that I can hear sliding down his throat.

He pulled his head back, “Don’t you like it when I feed from you?”

“Yes of course I do.” I lied, trying my best to beam a smile at him.

I need him to like me; I need him to fall in love with me.

“Are you in love with him?”

“Am I in love with whom Charlie?”

“Max, Rachael. Are you in love with Max?”

Tell him yes; tell him yes.

“No. I am not.” I shouted back.

I am.

“I think the wolf loves him.”

“Well I am in charge and I am not in love with him.”

He pushed his hips into mine and placed his palms, on the wall, at either side of my head, “who do you love then Rachael?”

God, he is gorgeous close up.

I decided to be bold and as his face was so close to mine, I pressed my mouth against his, slid my arms around his waist and pushed my tongue into his mouth. My heart was beating fast in case he rejected me but he did not he began to respond to my advances almost immediately, much to my delight. He picked me up and as he placed my back against the wall I wrapped my legs around his hips.

This was getting heavy.

Charlie started to softly moan into my mouth and his hands slide inside my t-shirt up my back to the clasp of my bra which made me immediately gasp and I became nervous and tense. Charlie must have sensed this as he immediately put me down and stepped back.