episode 3

"It's DK. Wow, he looks so cool!"

Seokmin smiles to himself happily as he waits outside a pastry shop, holding a brown bag with the shop's logo on it in one hand. He pulls his phone out with his other hand and checks his notifications eagerly. He sighs when he sees that he has no new messages from Jisoo, and he stuffs his phone back into his pocket. He peers into the bag of pastries and frowns.

"These are starting to get cold..." Seokmin mumbles. He frowns. "What's taking him so long?"

✦ ♡ ✦ ♡ ✦

"There's a missing piece inside of me," Jisoo sings loudly as he taps his hands against the steering wheel to the beat of the song. "I'm lost in ti–" He's interrupted by the ringing of his phone, causing him to pout. "Just as I was getting to the best part of the song." His expression changes to a happier one, though, after checking the caller ID.

"Oh, it's Seokmin!" Jisoo announces. He grins and answers the call. "Hello? Seokmin-ah?"

"Hey, Jisoo-hyung," Seokmin's voice says through the car speakers. "Where are you right now?"

"I'm about ten minutes away. I'm coming from the area near Hapjeong Station," Jisoo answers.

"Oh, I know where you are!" Seokmin exclaims. "Okay, after you pass Hapjeong Station, you'll see a giant parking lot. You can go ahead and park in the parking lot. I'll meet you there."

"Alright," Jisoo replies. He grins. "I'll see you soon then, babe."

"Oh, I can't wait to see you, honey!" Seokmin cries in a high-pitched tone, and Jisoo chuckles.

"I'm hanging up then. Bye," Jisoo responds before ending the call. He smiles brightly and continues to sing along to the music loudly, rejuvenated by his excitement.

✦ ♡ ✦ ♡ ✦

"He should be here any second now," Seokmin says, shielding his eyes from the sun as he scans the road for Jisoo's car. He looks down and laughs awkwardly as he pulls a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket. "Right, I have these. I forgot."

"He's cute."

"Look! That's Jisoo's car, isn't it?"

"Oh, I think that's Jisoo's car!" Seokmin waves at the approaching car. "Hey, Hong Jisoo!"

Seokmin backs up as Jisoo enters the parking lot and waits patiently for Jisoo to park the car. Once the car engine turns off, Seokmin runs over to Jisoo's car immediately, opening the door before Jisoo gets a chance to. He grins and offers his free hand to the older boy. Jisoo rolls his eyes, but he still takes Seokmin's hand, holding onto it loosely as he steps out of the car. Seokmin shuts the door behind Jisoo and offers him the bag of pastries.

"Aw, he opened the door for Jisoo and helped him step out! I always love it when men do that in dramas! It's so cute!"

"Here. I got you some pastries from a café," Seokmin tells Jisoo. Jisoo smiles and musses Seokmin's hair.

"Thanks, Seokmin-ah," Jisoo says. He takes the bag from Seokmin and puts it in his backpack.

"We can eat them together later," Jisoo explains as he stuffs his hands into his pockets. Seokmin nods eagerly and loops his arm through Jisoo's, beaming cutely at the older boy. Jisoo blushes and looks away.