Chapter 3

I glanced at my watch again realizing the guys are 10 minutes late. I grit my teeth before turning and walking out of the library. I don't know why I came up with the rules, they never follow them. Well ok, they do follow the one about no goofing off but everything else is in the air. I can't blame them, they do this to me every year but I'm just not in a very good mood now. It didn't help that I had caught a glimpse of girls fawning over Brayden.

I shake my head angrily and swipe at the tear that slipped out after moving my books to my other hand. I can't believe I am getting so upset about this. It's not like anything is going to change with us. It's been like this since the beginning I just have to get over it and start anew this year. I can't help but feel a little more confident as I walk down the halls toward my locker. There is nothing wrong with me, it's not like I'm a troll and I haven't ever been hit on before. I don't see why I can't finally get over this damn thing with Brayden.

"Holy mother of crabcakes." 

I stop dead in my tracks, gaping, when I see my locker. I don't stop because it's shocking to see my locker, I'm not retarded. Brayden is leaning over a girl and their lips are, of course, attached. I'm not sure how long I stand there before I feel hands on my shoulders causing me to whip around and see the guys staring at me sadly. I look at them confused causing Lachlan to reach forward and wipe my face before showing me the wetness. I drop my books causing a loud crash to explode through the once silent hallway and wipe at my eyes quickly.

'S-sorry guys. My eyes are killing me today. I've got to um.. ya.' I say quickly before turning around only to come to a stop when I see Bray looking at me worriedly.

The girl that had his attention now forgotten, he brushes her clinging hands off of his chest without giving her a second glance and starts to walk in my direction. I feel my breathing pick up and can feel a sob get caught in my throat causing me to slap my hand over my mouth so hard I'm sure there is going to be a red mark there.

'Lina, what's wrong?' Bray asks the closer he gets.

'Nothing.' I say quickly. 'I'm just gonna run to the bathroom, um, I'll see you in first period.' I say before whipping around and fumbling to pick up my books as quickly as I can.

As soon as I have them all picked up I stand up to see the others guys looking at me sadly causing me to wince internally. I turn around and go a few feet around Bray so he can't reach out and grab me. I speed walk to my locker as quickly as I can. With the slight haze of tears messing with my sight I have no idea how I didn't trip over my own feet. After a moment of failing at unlocking my locker I drop my books sloppily on the ground and run as quickly as I can to the girls bathroom. I don't even bother to see if anyone is around before I grab a paper towel and turn on the water faucet. After soaking it thoroughly in cold water. I turn off the water and squeeze it before gently placing it on my tender lips. I was right, there is a red hand print around my lips and my lips are slightly swollen.

Damn it, I cannot believe I just started crying in front of the guys. Ugh, they are going to start treating me so weird now. Not like avoiding me, while most players like them would, they all like to think of me as their little sister so they tend to go on over protective crazy mode when I cry. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Amanda, a quiet but nice girl from our grade with a gentle smile on her face.

'Here's some cover up if you need it. I also have some mascara and stuff too.' She says gently.

'Thanks, it's going to look weird if I just do cover up. Do you have any base?' I ask after pulling the damp towel away from my face causing her to gasp and tears to entire her eyes.