Chapter 7

"You have got to be kidding me," I say. Currently my jaw would be on the floor if it wasn't for the smile that has taken over my face. I knew I looked like a kid on Christmas morning but I couldn't help it. I thought a place like this didn't exist. This is so freaking cool.

"Nope." Cam replies chuckling lightly beside me.

 Looking around at the field in front of my there were stacks of hay bales stacked on top of one another and in piles. There were a few people that I actually recognized from school. I didn't notice when I first walked up but now really looking at everyone there are people who are "couples" but all the girls are wearing pink and all the guys are wearing blue. Furrowing my brows I look over at Cam to see him staring at me with a wide smile.

"What's going on here," I ask even though I already get the feeling I know the answer.

"This my gorgeous date is girls versus boys paintball. The equipment is over there," he says waving to a table covered in vests, guns, paintball canisters and the CO2 cartridges. "All the girls get to wear vests since we have had complaints in the past about girls getting shot in "sensitive areas"," he uses his fingers for the quotes but rolls his eyes a little.

"Dude, that's totally unfair. I'm not wearing a damn vest. I've played paint ball with the boys and if you can't hang then take your little ass somewhere else," I say a little miffed. I hated when girls did this. They wanted to play with the big boys but didn't wanna get mud under their nails. I call BS, big time. If you wanna play, you gotta PLAY. There is no changing the rules and shit. 

"I like her." A guy says walking up and bumping fists with Cam.

"Carolina, this is my cousin Davis. Davis this is Carolina, my date." He put emphasis on the word "date" which confused me a little. What confused me more was Davis's widening of his eyes before nodding in understanding. 

"Cool bro. Well let's get started and you sexy chicka do not have to wear the gear if you don't want to. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to watch my back with you around."

"You better." I say with pointing to my eyes and pointing to him. This causes an eruption of laughter from the people around us that, not realizing until now, had walked up as well.

"You really aren't going to wear the gear?" A blond girl that was dressed kind of slutty and a face covered in makeup asked.

"No I'm not. I'm played paintball before and while it hurts like hell sometimes if you get hit too close the worse I've had is from 10 feet or so. When it hit me the paint ball exploded and left a not on my arm that turned like deep purple and it broke through the first layer or two of skin. Paintball is so much fun though and with the adrenaline I didn't really feel the pain until way later," I said shrugging it off like it was nothing.

"Oh. This is my first time playing and I'm really nervous," she explains.

"Ya, I totally understand. Just take your time and don't rush into the fray of it all in the middle because you will get shot up like a crackhead running from the PO PO's." I say jokingly. 

My smiles widens a little hearing the others laugh right along with her. You can see her relax a little by the fact that there is less tension in her shoulders. Moments after we are all heading toward the table and getting set up. Me being used to the drill I quickly strap an extra canister to each thigh and shove 2 CO2 canisters into my pockets. After filling another canister with pink paint balls I pop it on my gun and double check to make sure the CO2 is working by pointing the gun at the ground and popping a few shots off.

Happy that my gun is set I turn around to see everyone staring at me. Cam, as are most of the guys, is staring at me with pride and awe. The girls are a mix between jealous, awe, and shock. I can udnerstand each emotion easily but decide to keep an eye on the girls that have jealousy in their eyes. No way in hell was I going to get shot in the back by some little she devil that was jealoud because I can play with the big boys and she's just here to flirt and look pretty.