SM - Part Ten

Trevor

There was so much going on, I couldn't take it all in. The flashing lights made everything pass in pictures, never seeing anything or anyone move, yet you could see things being done all over the place.

I had to be pulled away from the car. The car had to be cut apart to get her out. I heard somebody swear loudly, and then everything stopped. I knew before any of them said anything. She was dead.

I ran away from there, as fast as I could. I don't know how long I was running, or how far I ran, but when I stopped, I was at her house. The wolves were all laying in her front yard, as if they knew something was going on. One of them, the smallest, came up to me, whining softly. I crouched down slowly, extending my hand. I didn't want to scare them, but I knew what I had to do.

"She's gone," I whispered, more to myself than the wolves. I expected them to be scared at my voice, but they all picked up their heads, perked up their ears, and stared at me.

I fell to my knees, then the wolf sat in front of me. I wrapped my arms around it, not thinking. She growled, but she didn't bare her teeth. I bent forward, buring my face in her ruff. I cried, knowing that nobody could hear me. I cried, because the girl I loved was dead. I cried, because I never got the chance to tell her.