SM - Part Six

Trevor

At first, I was confused. I knew she hated me, but she called me to take her home. I must can't be all too bad, if I'm the one she called. I stayed until she let herself into her house, and for a few minutes after that. I was trying to figure it out, so I finally gave up and went home.

My brother and father had gone back to bed after I'd told them what happened, and hours after that, I got the call from her. By now, my father was back at work, and my brother was off doing whatever it is he did on weekends.

I had the house to myself. I turned on the TV, and the wolf story was the hot topic. Somehow they'd already gotten a picture of me, a picture of Achlys, and they found a picture of a bloodied wolf, obviously not one that attacked her.

Earlier today, a 16-year-old girl was attacked by a pack of wolves, the newswoman said, her voice somber yet happy at the same time. At this time, we are unaware of her  condition, except that she's been released from the hospital. 

The attack took place on the Roth family property, although no reports of the owner's knowledge have been found. Trevor Roth, the older of two sons, was seen picking up the victim, Achlys Black.

She went on to explain the supposed details of the attack, something she wouldn't know unless she was Achlys. I turned the TV off angrily, throwing the remote down on the coffee table. I tried to figure out how the press had found out about the attack so soon, but came up blank.

If she hated me before, she's going to want me dead now.