Jealously

"Get ready!" I holler at James while throwing a pillow towards him. It hits him and he groans.

"Come on, you need to get ready." I say to him. He sits in the bed.

"I'm getting up." James says. I look at him and sigh as he still sits there. I walk into the bathroom, doing my morning routine, and just put my hair up in a messy bun. I get dressed in a t-shirt with shorts. I'm not really in the mood to dress up. I walk back out of the bathroom and James is laying back down face up. He is sprawled across the bed like a starfish. I giggle and walk over to him.

"James." I say bending over towards him.

"Hmm?" I hear him say.

"Get. Up." I say to him. He opens his eyes and looks at my face. He then, quickly and gently grabs me and pulls me onto the bed with him. Now he is laying on my right side.

"See isn't this more fun?" He asks me lightly laughing. I look at him and slowly sit up.

"Come on" I say to him. I stand up and turn around towards him. I grab his hands and lift him up. He's standing next to me now. He walks into the bathroom dragging his feet. While he's in the bathroom, I put on my white van shoes. He walks out of the bathroom puts on a shirt, pants and cologne. I put on one squirt of perfume and head out of the room. James follows me while hopping down each step trying to slip his shoes on. I walk into the kitchen grab two granola bars and throw one at James. He catches it.

"Thanks" he says. I nod at him heading for the front door. He follows and grabs his keys. We get in the truck and head to school. We pull into the school parking lot, and James parks the car. He turns his head towards me.

"Ready?" He asks me. I sigh then nod. We both get out of the truck and head to the school. I grab his hand. He looks at me kind of confused but he grabs my hand back. I stop in front of the school doors. James stops with me. I look down at my feet.

"I'm scared." I say quietly out loud.

"It's alright. I here with you Taylor." James says as he turns his head towards my direction. I nod and we open the school doors together. It feels like everyone is looking at us, but James and I just keep walking to my locker. Thank goodness I haven't seen Max yet. I really don't want to see him. He completely betrayed me. I get to my locker, grab my things as James is at his locker-which is right next to mine- grabbing his things. We head to first period together. The day went unexpectedly pretty fast until lunch.

James and I walk together to lunch. We buy our lunches and walk back to our table. May and Kate find us at the table and sit down. I haven't been talking much at all today. I don't really want to. Then there's a big amount of laughter coming from Macy's table. I look over there and Max is sitting next to Macy. I frown and look back at my food.

"Sooo...how you doing?" May asks me. I shrug my shoulders. Picking at my food.

"Not too good." James says answering Mays question. She nods slowly.

"Well it'll get better." Kate says. I barely nod and still pick at my food.

"Imma go to the bathroom." I say. May follows me and we head to the restroom.

James P.O.V

Taylor goes to the bathroom along with May.

"So what's the big deal about Max?" I ask Kate. She sighs.

"Well. Taylor and Max used to be super close. Close as in she only told him about the problems she had. She didn't tell May or I. The only reason we knew, was because we had to beg Max for him to tell us. The only thing Max didn't know about was..-" she says lowering her voice "the abusing" she whispers. "No one knew about that" she says a little louder. Taylor knew Max for a very long time. He used to beat up all the guy bullies that bullied her. They loved each other like brother and sister. May and I always thought Max had something for Taylor. We thought he fell for her. I guess we were right." Kate says.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Well the reason he is going for Macy, is to make Taylor jealous." She says.

"Why would he do that?" I ask.

"Duh. Because he is jealous of you and Taylor dating. I guess he always wanted Taylor, and you got her before he did. So I guess he is making her choose between him and you." She says pointing towards me. I never would have thought Max was jealous of me. It makes sense though...but Taylor doesn't like him that way. She loves him as a brother...not a boyfriend. Just then Taylor and May walk back.

Taylors P.O.V

I walk back to our table with May besides me. We finish lunch and head to our next classes. School goes by pretty fast, and James and I are now headed home. We get home and walk inside. We both sit together on the couch in the living room and do our homework together when Violet comes in.

"Hi!" She says loudly.

"Violet...sh." James says holding his ear. She giggles.

"What are you doing?" She asks while holding her hands together rocking on her feet.

"Homework. What are you doing?" James asks her.

"Talking to you." She says I silently laugh.

"Hmm. You are?" He asks her.

"Yes silly! I'm talking to you now." She says.

"Oh...I didn't know." James says. I laugh out loud quietly when she skips up the steps to her room.

"Thank gosh. I thought you were dying. You didn't laugh all day." James says looking at me.

"Haha. Next problem." I say. He groans and flips the page.

"Okay...-" I say as we get started on our homework. We both have a lot of homework, so this will take a while.