Chapter Thirteen

(Faith's POV)

Heaven and I ran beneath the relatively heavy rain, laughing and enjoying the freedom of it all. Jules and Sandra were belting out the lyrics to Unwritten and following Lilly around-I'm worried about her. She seems a bit off lately. I won't push for information though. I know, or at least hope, that if something is going on she'd tell us.

I joined them every once in a while because I just love the song. It's just awesome. Veronica is the only one missing and that's because she has a class.

"They're so bad." I said to Heaven as we listened to our best friends sing.

She laughed with me. "Professionals."

We ran away, or well, jogged, I can't run to save my life, no pun intended.

I shoved my wet hair away from my face and hoped I didn't have raccoon eyes as I let the rain hit my face.

There's something freeing about this, running in the rain.

Can I feel like this all the time? Free and almost happy? Filled with an almost childish joy? I hope so. In fact, there is nothing I want more than that.

Sure, life sucks and there's plenty that'll drag you down, but there's more. I believe that. I need to believe that. I need to believe that there's more than the four dull walls I'm always locked in. Because where the hell would I be if I didn't believe in more?

----

Very sorry for the shortness and delay.

- DreamerForNow