Prologue

Pain, it was nothing new to them.

Battles, whether with insecurities, abuse, anorexia, self-harm, bullying or anxiety, are what those six girls are going through on daily basis.

Vulnerable, is the best word to describe them.

Big smiles that hid behind them sorrowful memories, bright eyes that have shed a million tears, and dark thoughts only allowed to resurface when alone, or together.

The struggles they have been through hidden from everybody but each other.

Six teenage girls they were, and by the young age of fifteen they had gone through hell and back. During their fifteen years of living they had experienced what they shouldn't have had to. Their childhood was taken away from them, and they were forced to grow up earlier than they should have, and to have a maturity level they weren't meant to have.

Life was unfair, that was something they all had to find out the hard way. But how was it exactly? Different, would be the answer.

Despite the differences, they all understood each other, as they all fit under one big word, misunderstood.

They hid their true selves away in fear of being judged, in fear of looking weak, in fear of being misunderstood. But somehow, they all found their ways to the shelter of each other's love.

Each one of them trusted the others to catch her before she falls, or at least help her get up if they were too late to catch her. They each trusted the rest to be there for them in the times of need, and most importantly, they trusted each other with their deepest secrets.

Weakness was a feeling they refused to show, unless around the five other girls who shared the same fear of having their weaknesses used against them. Those times they were alone together were when their masks fell, and they opened up.

Everybody has their secrets, and in the next chapters, theirs no longer will be.

We take a trip into the minds of Sandra, Faith, Lilly, Heaven, Veronica and Julie, who is otherwise known as Jules, in an attempt to learn the secrets their smiles hid, and the memories that were long buried.