Chapter Five

It had been 6 days since it had thrown the brick at my window and each day I’ve gotten another note with the same twisted smile but each day counting down

six days…

five days…

four…

three…

two…

"Today was the final day, and every day I had gotten one step closer to the final pages and as far as I know Derek had something to do with the accident…

It was a windy, snowy day in Crystal Lake, weathermen predicted a huge storm of 6 feet. A new record for one storm. Apparently what happened was Derek and his parents were on I-98 going home when they tried to stop at a light and their brakes failed, causing them to crash into a phone pole at 65 miles an hour. Derek was the only one who made it. The mysterious part is, when police investigated they couldn’t tell if the brakes had been tampered with because of the damage, and the reason why I suspect Derek is because at the time of the accident he was in auto mechanics…..but as I was reading, which he had admitted to me, was that growing up he had been very abused by his mother and his father was as well......that gives motive" I thought to myself. Suddenly the phone rings"

"Hello?" 

"Yes this is Jack Harrison, you wanted to speak to me about my nephew Derek?" Jack asked

"Yes I have some information that must be shared with you and the police. Now is Derek home?"

"Let me check" Jack set the phone down and peered into the living room to see Derek watching T.V. He walked back to the phone. "Yes he is."

"Okay...let me begin" I told him everything. Though half way through our conversation I heard Derek tell his uncle he was going for a walk. Just as we finished our conversation I hung up the phone. Moments later I was struck in the back of the head....Everything went black.

When I woke up the room was dark. I was bound by ropes to a chair. I had know idea where I am but I can hear a t.v. 

News woman: Three days later and still no sign of Crystal Lake resident and high school teacher Micheal Dean and Crystal Lake High School sudent Derek Harrison. Investigators say Harrison's prints were found at Dean's home on the day. They also say Harrison is an unstable child who is highly dangourous. Anyone who knows the whereabouts of these two is urged to call 209-568-0057.

I hear the t.v. turn off and footsteps, Derek opens the door and smiles.

"Hello Mr. Dean"

"Where are we! Why Did you kidnap me?!"

"It's a secret and thats simple...you know my secret..."

"What that you murdered your family?! Derek Why!"

"Simple....I had to rid my life of the pain and suffering.."

"S-suffering?"

"Yes Dean...suffering!"

It was then Derek went to explain how his mother Debra would beat him and his father daily because growing up her dreams where crushed and she then took her anger out on them both. When the father couldn't fight back Derek decided to take Auto Mechanics and tamper the breaks so if they got into an accident Debra may have a change of heart and change her ways. But it all went wrong and Derek killed them both....

"Derek...you're sick! if you let me go then we can help you!!!"

"Hmmmm...no. I still have people to 'silence.'"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you told all the faculty and my Uncle everything so I have to start with him.....No one must know what happened...."

With that he left the room...Leaving dean to rot....his screams of help drowned out by the news on t.v....