Chapter One

"Alright class, hand in your projects!" The teacher called out after the class had settled into their seats. I reached down to my bag and pulled out a blue notebook titled: Psychology Project. Sticking slightly out of the closed note book was the Assignment sheet that had come with the notebook we had gotten a month ago. I pulled the paper out and looked it over, making sure I had made all the requirements. while skimming the "objectives" section of the assignment sheet, I had a flash back of the teacher as he was giving us the assignment.

"Now class..." The teacher began "I am about to hand out a project called "Inner workings of my mind." He started handing out notebooks with our names on them. The teacher continued after all the notebooks were handed out. "For one month you all are required to record every dream you have, weather you dreamed during a nap or after a full night. Then at the end of the month you will all pass in your journals and I will review them." The bell rings signaling the end of class.

Everyone packs up their bags and heads out the door. Being the most disorganized student in the room I was the last one out. Leaving me and Mr. Dean alone.

"You know Derek, if you would like to skip this assignment you may. I don't want to upset you more then you already are..."  Mr. Dean said with a concerned look on his face. Knowing what he was talking about, I gave him a reassuring smile. "it's fine sir, really! I'm...somewhat over it now...." 

"Well if you ever want to stop, just say so and I won't count it on your grade" Dean replied. I grinned, nodded and walked out. 

  A voice broke the silence. "Mr. Harrison! MR.HARRISON!" Mr. Dean shouted.

"Oh! U-Uh yes sir!?" I exclaimed questioningly.

"Your notebook."

"Oh yes! Here you go!" I said handing it to him.

Mr. Dean nodded in reply with a smile as he adresses the class.

"Now class, I will have these graded and handed back in two weeks, until then, no homework."

The entire class cheered just as the bell rang. As I left, I eyed the stack of notebooks on the desk.