Chapter Three

Back at the school Mr. Dean was just finishing up the last of the notebooks. He picked up Derek's and opened it, looking at the assignment sheet. 

"Poor kid, I hope he's okay now." I said sadly "It wasn't that long ago either....." 

"Whats going on?" A voice asked at the door. I jumped in fright, looking towards the door.

"Jesus Christ Jenny, you scared me" 

Jenny looked at me giving a small chuckle as she spoke. "Sorry Mike, didn't mean to scare you!"

Jenny Harold teaches senior Geometry. She has long black hair and emerald green eyes, her skin is fair and soft.

"It's fine." I say smiling. 

"So what are you up to?" Jenny asked, pulling up a chair.

"I was grading the Inner workings of my mind project, I'm over half way through the second block class I just have Jason Khan, Amy Johnson, and Derek Harrison's projects left to grade" I say showing her his notebook.

"Harrison? Isn't he the Junior that got involved in that accident on I-98 last month? Poor kid...and his family..."

"Yeah, and the sad part is, that he doesn't remember any of what happened....somewhat" I say toying with the cover of the notebook"

"What do you mean?" 

"Well...When a person dreams they can bring up memories from the past, emotions....and I'm worried about what I'll find in here. You see, he was awake the whole time but when a person witnesses a terrifying event, the mind will block out that event, to keep that person from feeling that fear. When you dream those locked up memories tend to...slip by causing you to recall small fragments of an event..." I state.

"I see....Well I have to go, it's 4:00 o'clock and I need to hit the store before they close" Jenny says, heading to the door, her hair swaying back and forth"

"Yeah, the wife is expecting me home, so I ought to get going too" I pack up my gear and grab Derek's notebook, heading for the door. I say good bye to Jenny and head home, staring at the notebook in the passenger seat. "Lets see how you truly feel Derek...."