Untitled Part 17

Elerrina could feel the four pairs of eyes in the room turn to look at her, piercing into her like daggers. Part of her mind wished for her to sink deep into the comfortable chair and disappear, but she remained still, her eyes frozen inside the powerful grey pair of Elrond's. So he did know his visions had been shared, although, if what she had seen was the entirety of them or merely glimpses, she did not know. And did not want to know.

"Well of course. She and Elladan both saw them Ada. Elladan just said they ran past them"

Elrohir was the first to speak, completely misunderstanding the meaning of the Elf-Lord's words. Elladan, however, remained silent. His eyes were looking at his father and his still frame sitting on the arm of her chair told her that he had not missed what Elrond meant.

"What do you intend to say with she saw them? Are you referring to your visions?" asked Elladan directly to his father, both elves completely ignoring the confused Elrohir whose gaze now darted to her, wide eyes studying her figure as if he had never seen her before.

"Precisely"

The Lord of Imladri's voice was calmed and composed as he turned to look into his eldest son's eyes. She would have thought he was merely having a conversation at a dinner table had it not been for the way in which he reached a hand to his temple, his elbow resting on the chair's wide arm.

"How is that possible?" The voice of the golden haired warrior made her suddenly remember of his presence in the room. His ice blue eyes had finally left her to look down to the worried Elf-Lord, his voice hinted with confusion.

"Why did I see through you, my Lord?" Elerrina barely recognized her voice for she had not thought she had the courage in herself to voice the question that plagued her mind. She felt the silvery grey eyes of Master of Rivendell gaze at her quietly, imbedded with the knowledge of many millennia.

"I believe it was me who saw through you, Elerrina" She felt herself go cold at his words and her heart stopped inside her chest. The look in his grey eyes was the same wary expression that he had given her on the night she first saw the ring on his right hand, as if judging whether or not she was threat.

"The visions were not mine, my Lord" She was sure of that part: the images had not been produced by her mind. Elrond nodded his hear slowly, his eyes never leaving hers.

"That is correct. The visions belonged to me. But I believe it was you who showed them to me." After a moment of silence in which every pair of eyes seemed to direct itself to the dark haired Elf-Lord, he continued explaining.

"I heard Vilya's restlessness and I summoned it to look through the valley. I had forgotten the connection you have with the ring, a connection that I do not completely understand. Every vision I called went also through your head, if I am not mistaken, in a chain reaction. You can see Vilya, and now I confirm that you can see through Vilya, and therefore, as I wield it, through me. And yet, my visions were of no use. I could hear the warning, but could find no danger whatsoever, nothing was out of place."

Elerrina felt the quickly flying images of the river, different parts of the forest, waterfalls, streets, cliffs and more parts of the forest return to her mind. What she had seen had been the Elf-Lord's search through the valley's perimeter. She felt embarrassed as his eyes continued to pierce into hers, she felt as if she had intruded in something she was not supposed to see. Yet she did not move, she fought to keep her expression frozen in place, her green eyes staring steadily into the silver ones, awaiting the rest of the explanation.

"What surprised me deeply was when the chain inverted itself. It was then that I noticed I had shared all the images with you for I then found myself on the receiving end of the chain. I saw the orcs through your eyes as they ran below you two. After you had seen them with your eyes, I was able to find them in my visions and I saw the rest of them. Three other groups farther west, and a large one steady in place. What concerns me is that if you had not ran into them, I would not have been able to see them."