Until Lambs Become Lions- Mumford & Sons

Hey, before you read this, know that the Point of View is a bit odd at the beginning and this is my first try at writing stories about Mumford & Sons and that I don't hate Carey or anything! Well that's all. Hope you enjoy... Oh and if you're confused about the title, it's from a quote from the newer Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe in it, I just thought it was nice. Well that's really all. Peace

"What is it, my dear?" My heart dropped. I loved when he said that. So much. With a burning, smiling passion. I buried my face into his shoulder.

"Nothing" I mumbled, muffled and slow. I felt his chest rise and fall as he breathed, and a hand tenderly rested on my neck.

"You know... You can tell me anything, right?" he sounded as if he were talking to himself. I breathed out through my nose in exasperation.

"Wrong." I said, as quiet as I could manage. In a second he had my face in his hands, searching my eyes with his own imploring ones. His eyes were stricken with concern, and his lips were pouted.

"Don't say that darlin'" he cooed softly, shaking his head a little. "You can tell me anything. Anything. Alright?" I closed my eyes. He just proved why I couldn't tell him. He slid a finger under my chin, propping my head up, and jerking my eyes open. His face hovered dangerously close to mine; his gaze didn't break from me as he held a steady eye contact. "I don't want you to be upset." he said, in a low, sad voice. "I can't stand you to be like this. Please cheer up. For me?" He finally placed a tender kiss on my lips, overwhelming me with joy. I felt as if I had just woken up from a long, restless sleep, being with him was exhilarating. He pulled away, a grin as wide as the horizon plastered on his face. I couldn't help but smile in spite of myself, and gaze lovingly at him.

"Much better." he said, before letting out a huge bellowing laugh-his signature.

"Hey! What's so funny?" I said with a giggle, resting my head on his heaving chest once more.

"I just... AHA HA Ha HA!" he sputtered, obviously unable to finish his sentence. I sighed. He could get a little carried away sometimes. "You... You- aha! hehehehehe" he said, high off laughter. He paused for a second, and I saw the glass of his watch flicker into view for a second. "Ah shoot- I gotta go babe." he said this with haste, but tenderly at the same time. He started to get up, pecking my head and picking up his wallet from the table.

"Waittt." I whined, sad to leave his embrace. His head turned, his eyes flicked down at my face.

"Yeh?" he asked, slightly impatient.

"What was so funny? I wanna know." this caused him to burst into extremely loud hysterics, and he started slamming his foot down as he laughed. He composed himself in an instant, and looked at me with a twang of pity.

"I dunno.." he mumbled quietly, all of a sudden getting very shy. "It just.. It makes me so happy when I see you happy. And your mood changed so quickly.. It was kinda funny." I broke into a smirk.

"I made you laugh like that?" I asked, totally curious now.

"Yeah." he said, squirming embarrassedly. I popped off the couch and gave him a bear hug. "Awww witlle Marcus is embarrassed!" I exclaimed.

"Stoppp!" he whined. I pulled away, giving him a genuine smile. "See ya later." I said, then pressed my lips into his, the smile not fading. He kissed me back, then gathered the rest of his stuff and waved goodbye. "Love you." I called as the door shut. A sad silence answered me as I sunk back into the couch.

The door I had been staring at jiggled and opened a crack, just enough room for Marcus' face to fit in. "Love ya too babe." he said with a smile and a wink, before popping out and shutting the door a final time.

I smiled. Marcus was a great guy. I mean, he just does things that are so nice. He's so sweet, and cute, and talented. What more can you want? And yeah, he's my boyfriend. The only problem was I had a good suspicion he was cheating on me.

Yeah, I know. Shocking. But he's such a good guy! I know. That's why it's hard to believe. But he'd been talking to an old friend, and they've been catching up. A lot. It seemed a little fishy. Of course, I wanna trust my boyfriend. I should trust him. I've known him for quite some time now, but I feel like he's hiding something from me.

I dug my nose in a book, and read for a solid hour. It was nice to escape my thoughts for a bit. I checked the time-it was late. I brushed my teeth hastily, and went to bed. Marcus wouldn't be back for quite some time, so there was no point in staying awake. I drifted into sleep quickly, letting my thoughts wander.